I'm in the plymouth county area and I have dropped my trap twice and so far have caught nothing.

Any bodies of water that have an abundance of baitfish in them?

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 7:43 pm

I bought one last year and dropped it 6 times in 4 different bodies of water and no shiners. I am no help Crying or Very sad

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Dang, hope it wasn't a waste of money.

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 7:49 pm

Other guys here maybe can help. I tried the Merrimack River right where I see literally thousands of chubs and no fish. I tried Flint Pond where I can catch goldens up to 10 inches on plain gold hooks and none in trap. A few others. Maybe I just don't know how to use it.

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 7:54 pm

I got a spot that's a small tiny pond.
There's no game fish. Just gold fish and shiners.

I can catch 2 dozen in hr. most that I catch are tiny. With a few good sized ones mixed in.
The holes need to be bigger!

But I can go there with tiny hooks and bits of worms. And catch
Gold fish and. Big pond shiners

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 8:22 pm

bassturds

I got a spot that's a small tiny pond.
There's no game fish. Just gold fish and shiners.

I can catch 2 dozen in hr. most that I catch are tiny. With a few good sized ones mixed in.
The holes need to be bigger!

But I can go there with tiny hooks and bits of worms. And catch
Gold fish and. Big pond shiners

Does said pond have a name or is it just a little side of the road hike through the woods pond?

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 9:32 pm

I grew up near a creek that was loaded with chubs and dace. Sometimes the streams and tailwaters are a better bet than a lake or pond.

Posted Fri May 31, 2013 8:26 am

No name pond. A ditch in the side of the road!

Any tiny little Ponds. Like over sized koi ponds.

Little streams rivers, creeks impoundments and tiny ponds

I wouldn't fish big ponds or lakes! Cuz they could be any where!!

Posted Fri May 31, 2013 9:32 am

Trapping during the warmer months can be difficult. Look at google maps for an industrial park near you. The fire ponds there will usually hold shiners. Let it soak for 12 or so hours.

Posted Fri May 31, 2013 11:46 am

I find traps are useless if your not sure if there in the water mostly use traps along side a cast net for some extra bait. Throw some bread and see if the water dances if it does throw the net and have bait for a week. Got plenty of places around the worcester area

Posted Fri May 31, 2013 2:54 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links