Had an awsome day Sunday. My buddy Chris and Iwent over the bridge to a cape pond and when we got to the ramp. The smallies were crushing the baitfish. It looked like bombs going off in the water. Like in a movie. We put the crawdad in and began throwing split back Rapalla minnows. Roostertails and even red devils. They were comming out of the water 2'. Most of the fish were in the 2lb-3lb range. It was unbelivable. Later in the morning, The bite slowed so, we moved to a more traditional Larry area or so I thought. It was there I caught my first Rainbow Trout. It is the one pictured on my profile. It wasn't huge but what a nice fish. A little more toward the "pads" We hooked some pickerel. The second was the largest at 3 lbs. As the sun rose we made our way to a weed bed in around 10 feet of water in the main pond. We each hooked a 2 lb larry and a couple of White Perch. Rounding out the day with some pumpkinseeds and one of the largest bluegills I have seen. All in all we caught a dozen decent fish a piece but the best for me was crossing off a trout from the bucket list

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:51 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links