thelucky

chevin37

I HATE MY ORRA SX i used it for 3 weeks last year and has sitting on a shelf since last june the spool lets loose intermittently when hooked into fish,

Do you have it spooled with Braid?

mostly i had fluro on it trilene 100% 15-17lb, i did have braid on it at one point and time, but no way was the issue line related

Posted Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:33 pm

I bought a Revo SX this year and paired it with a 6'6" Vendetta rod. I gotta say I love the combination. I also bought a 6'6" Veritas spinning rod that I paired with a Mitchell AVG 4000 series reel. So far so good this season and I hope that I have them working good for a few years to come. I have had several of the "Old School" Mitchell 300 reels and loved those. Abu Garcia has served me well over the years. I have come to dislike the Quantum products, nothing but trouble for me, but I've only been able to afford the lower end stuff. Maybe the higher priced stuff is better? Just my two cents on the subject.

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:35 pm

Has any one used a Lews speed spool bait cast reel, not the tourney?

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:06 pm

lew's is quality but i have the Lew's Tournament Pro Speed Spool Casting Reel. the bottom line is you get what you pay for most of the time. buy low end, you get low end. buy high end, you get high end. the middle stuff is where it gets tricky. i had a few mid-line quantum and they were garbage. same thing with abu. and shimano rods.

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Yeah I know what your saying.... Dicks has no quality mid lines like a bass pro qualifier.... I feel like they are all or nothing

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Shawn loves Dicks..... just ask him Laughing

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:44 pm

stratos1966

Shawn loves Dicks..... just ask him Laughing

Strange I always thought he was more of a (b)ass pro type of guy

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:10 pm

I love Dick's!!!

But not for rods and reels

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:13 am

Rich, you have corrupted my post Confused

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:25 am

there is a lot of very high quality mid-level shimano, especially for reels. like a citica or curado. i have also heard the lews tournament speed spool is great. at that point, i would spend the extra $30 although i've seen reviews on the regular speed spool and they look very good.

Ebay is your friend. you can find everything new for 15-20% off usually. i have a lot of sellers saved as favorites. if you want to check it out, let me know.

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:09 am

samf

there is a lot of very high quality mid-level shimano, especially for reels. like a citica or curado. i have also heard the lews tournament speed spool is great. at that point, i would spend the extra $30 although i've seen reviews on the regular speed spool and they look very good.

Ebay is your friend. you can find everything new for 15-20% off usually. i have a lot of sellers saved as favorites. if you want to check it out, let me know.

Yeah the reviews is what had me interested. I have a Citica and love it, but need another for a cranking rod and dont want to break the bank.

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:29 am

Just received this today from ffo-tackle.com

BOGO 1/2 PRICE

Buy one item at listed price and get a similar item at 1/2 price.

Purchase a bait at the listed price and get a second bait at 1/2 price.

Purchase a reel at the listed price and get a second reel at 1/2 price.

Purchase a rod at the listed price and get a second rod at 1/2 price.

Now you get the idea.

To receive your discount you need to place an order from www.ffo-tackle.com and enter BOGO in the promotional code box during checkout.

The discount will be calculated on the lowest priced items within the category. The discount will be shown during the checkout process.

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:39 am

i use my lews for cranking and can say it is a very high quality reel. it has good drag and it's very smooth when casting.

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:43 pm

bbcboards.net

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:49 pm

Bbc x2

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:10 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links