Hello guy's...

Just wanted to ask what Hook Size you use with the 5" Senko and what rigging method works best for you... going to do some senko fishing this spring and want to gear up a little...

Thanks..

PJ

Posted Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:30 pm

If I'm wacky rigging I use a #2 hook. If I want a weedless presentation I use a # 4/0 offset rigged Texas style. I personally don't think there's a wrong way. They just work no matter what.

Posted Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:36 pm

i barely ever texas rig em i swear by the wacky rig it will catch fish in all conditions i rig it on a size 3 gamakatsu octopus hook

Posted Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:40 pm

This year was my first using Senkos and I had good results using a Gamakatsu Finesse Weedless Hooks 1/0 wacky rigged. This spring I'm going to try out some O rings with these hooks to extend the life of my Senkos.

Posted Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:46 pm

I use Senkos all the time! I just started using a new style of Texas rig worm hooks. There's no elbow. It has a different bend that is flush with the lure! They are no slip worm hooks

Posted Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:07 pm

wacky rig - Gamakatsu G-Finesse Series Wacky Jig Head (whatever weight the situation calls for but 1/16 is my preference if i want almost 0 weight)

texas rig - 3/0 or 4/0 gamakatsu skip gap worm hook. i usually only fish senkos when skipping baits so these hooks are a huge help in prevent the worm from sliding up and down the hook shank and tearing the bait up.

Posted Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 pm

What's a senko??

Posted Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:37 pm

you can get different size o rings and cheeper ones at home depot.

Posted Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:44 pm

Thanks for all the tips..
Lookin forward to this Spring to give em a throw...

PJ

Last edited by pirougejoe on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:51 am

I know some guys who use black electrical tape. The find the center of the baits and tightly wrap electrical tape 1-2 times around then put the hook through it.

Posted Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:31 am

Never tried it but how about a piece of shrink tubing. I may have to try that this year. God I wish I wasn't working.

Posted Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:50 am

Picasso Takedown Shakyhead in different sizes on 12-15lbs fluoro

Posted Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:55 am

stratos1966

I know some guys who use black electrical tape. The find the center of the baits and tightly wrap electrical tape 1-2 times around then put the hook through it.

or heat shrink but you don't even need to heat it. worm's going nowhere with it on. just a pain to get it off the hook.

Posted Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:38 pm

I also swear by wacky rigs. I use a gammy 2/0 weedles wide gap finesse hook and a eco tungsten wacky weight I believe they are 8/32 oz but I could be talking out my ass lol can't remember the exact weight but they save your worms big time cause u run your hook threw a metal loop in the weight rather than skin hooking the worm. I've also had great success with uncle josh meat crawlers wacky rigged.

Posted Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:48 pm

wacky rig is the way to go the action is crazy as well an texas rig i us a size 3 gamakatsu wide gap off set

Posted Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:07 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links