Caught my first salmon today fished the boat ramp guy there already caught a 13 pound salmon with a silver kastmaster 5 casts in with a gold 3/8 ounce kastmaster hooked into my 9 pounder I'll post pics later

Posted Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:42 am

eastciderida

Caught my first salmon today fished the boat ramp guy there already caught a 13 pound salmon with a silver kastmaster 5 casts in with a gold 3/8 ounce kastmaster hooked into my 9 pounder I'll post pics later

Nice man! Cant wait to get down there. what size line/rod are you using?

Posted Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:56 am

Just to clarify, if you saw them stock 50 to 75 on October 13th then that was the fall trout stocking. Salmon stocking did not begin until this past week as was noted in the post you quoted.

Posted Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:06 pm

think of salmon as the jeffery dalmer's of the land locked fish...that is to say they're known for liking to eat chunk bait of their own species...live baiters work well too...but the more I read about salmon this week since the subject came up ALOT of dudes and dudettes hit the bigger one's on ...of all things...hunks of dead salmon...kinda puts our feeble little "thinking" minds in perspective doesn't it..."pull up t mickey d's and order me up some "billy burgers"..."yea let me get those with out the "jimmys" hahahahaha-in short salmon are savages hahahaha The River Rat has spoken -

Posted Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:51 am

medium shiners always worked best for me. Have had a couple out of cochituate in the past.

Posted Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:08 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links