I am wanting to upgrade to a fiberglass boat before next season, but I am concerned because I have heard that there are many lakes that have restrictions on the engines? Max HP? I was told by one guy that he offered to take the prop of his motor and they still woundnt let him on the water to fish a tournament. I have quickly become addicted to this, and certainly dont want to create a restriction for myself. I am going to look at a boat tommrow that looks like a killer deal, but it has a 200HP motor!

I looked on the MA Facilities site, and I dont see anything listing the restrictions of the lakes...

Posted Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:03 pm

a lot of cape ponds have restrictions.most of the smaller ponds in the area have a ten h.p. limit.that's where the car topper comes in.long pond plymouth has a 50 h.p.limit but if you get a prop cover i think you can go electric.

Posted Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:22 am

Here is the link of all waters in Mass and NH with horsepower restrictions, I hope it helps. good luck with new boat! Just my 2 cents here, but if you have a smaller boat why worry about HP restrictions? Now youll have two.

www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/ss/marinepatrol/restricted.html

Posted Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:13 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links