I am looking to get some info on launching a cartopper on Putnamville and Upper Mystic. I am not sure if there are boat launches or just convenient spots to park and be somewhat close to the water. Any ideas from the MAFF boys?

I thought I read somewhere that you could put boats with electric motors only on Putnamville, but I am not even sure about that... and can't remember where I was reading about it.

Posted Thu May 12, 2011 6:43 pm

For the Upper Mystic, you should be able to launch from the area near the dam. Put 515 Mystic Valley Parkway Medford MA into Google Maps, and you can see where the entrance is. There's a somewhat crappy ramp there, but it's fine for launching a car topper.

Posted Thu May 12, 2011 9:59 pm

I will try that. Thanks a lot!!

Posted Fri May 13, 2011 4:49 am

There's no launch or ramp on Putnamville but there is a beach on the left side of the reservoir (if you're on Locust Street which, as far as I know, is the only public way in). Unfortunately you will have to carry your boat in or put it on wheels. It's not super far but it is a little inconvenient. I would highly recommend hitting this water with some kind of boat. There's some nice bass in there but they tend to be hard to get to from the shore. Hope this helps and good luck!

Posted Fri May 13, 2011 7:35 am

One more thing, I'm not certain whether you *can* have a small electric motor, but I have seen it done. Just FYI.

Posted Fri May 13, 2011 7:38 am

Upper Mystic Ramp isnt great, and is actually closed at the moment due to construction. Hopefully will re-open soon.

Posted Fri May 13, 2011 8:26 am

Great info. Thanks a lot! I will wait till I have a second guy to fish Putnamville then. Don't have wheels for the boat, and Draggin that thing is a pain in the nuts. Guess I will have to wait for Upper Mystic too, Sad .

Posted Fri May 13, 2011 3:29 pm

meat7gtk

Upper Mystic Ramp isnt great, and is actually closed at the moment due to construction. Hopefully will re-open soon.

The workers say it'll be opened by Memorial day.

Posted Sat May 14, 2011 2:50 pm

Is Putnamville the Danvers Res?????

Posted Sun May 15, 2011 6:40 pm

Yes, I do believe that it is the Danvers Res.

Posted Mon May 16, 2011 4:03 am

wow , hey Bass let us know how you make out at putnamville i haven't been there in years good luck !

Posted Tue May 24, 2011 7:39 pm

Putnamville has become a favorite spot but there is some good and bad.

You must park on 35 (Locust Street). Parking can be limited. The gate closest to the south end of the pond is where you have to go. You NEED WHEELS. The patch is uphill, then down hill, about a couple hundred yards. I wish they'd just open that gate and re gate it closer to the path. Electric Motors are fine, no gas.

Very interesting place to fish. Dominated by small smallmouth and when they are on, it's fun fishing. We've caught a few HUGE chain picks and some decent Large mouth over 3 lbs, but nothing in the 4's or higher. They are tearing up all kinds of trees and stuff around there now, killing some of the cover we would fish. My best advice is watch the weather report because if it's even remotely windy, you will have a rotten day there. I've been out there in 3ft swells with water coming into the boat bailing out. It sucked. Then after your day is ruined, you gotta drag the boat all the way out! Haha. Go up and fish off the wall in a couple weeks after dinner and try it out first.

Posted Tue May 31, 2011 3:09 pm

Upper Mystic ramp is open. I was there on Monday.

Posted Tue May 31, 2011 4:48 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links