Got my first open water bass of the season this morning! Got 4 between 2-3 lb. Missed a couple of light bites. They were schooled up and came out of the same area in 4 ft. of water. Spider grub was the bait.

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:25 pm

Dang, I was out between the Brighton boat ramp and the River street bridge yesterday for a couple of hours and didn't even get a nibble! Great first catches of the year, man!

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:57 pm

Too bad it is back to winter next week! Twisted Evil

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:49 am

Pembroke ponds are 99% open, just a little ice left in the coves. I'm sure it will be gone after today's temps. I went to Oldham for a few hrs. Only a couple bass and it was wicked windy, never paddled that hard to get back to the launch before! One hell of a workout.

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:29 pm

Pembroke ponds are 99% open, just a little ice left in the coves. I'm sure it will be gone after today's temps. I went to Oldham for a few hrs. Only a couple bass and it was wicked windy, never paddled that hard to get back to the launch before! One hell of a workout.

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:29 pm

A guy I know was ice fishing Oldham on Tuesday! Stetson was locked up the other day and is now wide open! The sun is doing its thing!

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:24 pm

still some ice on a lot of greater boston places. most of the downtown boston charles river coves still had some ice but the main river looked wide open. it had some good white caps going today.

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:35 pm

I saw you out on oldham today and thought you were nuts but I was jealous! I iced fished there less than a week ago, 6 inches went fast!

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:51 pm

fishnphil

I saw you out on oldham today and thought you were nuts but I was jealous! I iced fished there less than a week ago, 6 inches went fast!

It wasn't too bad when I dropped in. I was shielded behind the islands for a while and didn't realize how windy it got. It kicked my ass padling into the wind all the way back taking waves over the bow. Should have brought the trolling motor today or fished furnace, its a little more protected from the wind.

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:58 pm

fishnphil

It wasn't too bad when I dropped in. I was shielded behind the islands for a while and didn't realize how windy it got. It kicked my ass padling into the wind all the way back taking waves over the bow. Should have brought the trolling motor today or fished furnace, its a little more protected from the wind.

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:59 pm

bassturds

ive been fishing slow! jerkbaits swimbaits and jigs havent had a nibble not even a pickerel!

a buddy is saying get some reaction bites! fish moving baits

headed out to carver today hopefully its melted with hungry fish

From what I've seen driving around Carver is mostly iced out right now, but we have another decent cold snap coming in.

Posted Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:40 am

I got my license yesterday. I will head out Thursday/Friday this week depending on how bad the storm hits on Wed.

Posted Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:20 am

Went to Maquan in Hanson yesterday afternoon, it was a bit on the cold side, but the wind was mild and there was 0 ice coverage at all. Was fishing with some finesse style baits, to no avail. It still felt refreshing to get out there and actually cast and watch the sunset, so I didn't mind the no fish factor.

Posted Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:29 am

Can't believe that place is ice free! That is usually one of the last ponds in the area to open up.

Posted Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:47 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links