62%  [ 5 ]
Tube Jig
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Vibrating Lure
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Hello fellow fisherman. I recently started making my own lead free bass jigs, shad darts and weights.

I've received a few request to sell them so her it goes.

I sell both finished and unfinished jigs and darts.

Each Item is 100% lead free and mass compliant. I pour each item by hand out of a bismuth tin alloy. Its more expensive then lead but a lot cheaper than tungsten.

My weedless football Jigs are as follows:
3/4 ounce with a 5/0 Mustad extra fine point hook

1/2 and 3/8 ounce with a 4/0 Mustad extra fine point

weedless round Jigs:
3 different sizes with a Mustad extra fine point hook

weedless casting Jigs:

3/8,7/25(.28oz), and 7/30(.23oz) with 4/0 Mustad extra fine point hook

All jigs only available with 44 strand Green Pumpkin skirts. I will be adding 54 strand skirts in 10 colors shortly.

Worm Weights:

7/50(.14 oz), 3/16(.19oz)

Drop Shot Weights Finished and unfinished

.38oz, .28oz, .19oz, and .094oz

Shad Darts: .19oz and .094oz #2 and 2/0 gold hooks

Sorry for the different sizes Im using lead molds and bismuth is 75% of the density of lead so I have to adjust the weights accordingly.

For prices just private message me what you would like. Thanks

[/img]

Posted Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:45 pm

If you make some lead free shakey heads that would probably be a good idea. There aint many lead free shakey heads that are easy to find around here. I know I'm always looking for them when I go to buy equipment.

Posted Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:30 am

Can the bismith be powder coated? I use to tie all my own jigs and powder coat them. if they can be I would be intrested in buying from you

I am not a big fan of tungsten jigs
Jack

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Can't be powder coated. The curing temperature of the powder coating is higher than the melting point of the tin/bismuth. I think theres a company called powder tech that makes powder that can be put on with just a lighter as a heat source. But your finish prob wouldnt last more than a day of hard fishing.

If you could post email so i could look at some bigger pictures of your baits Id like to purchase some to try.

Josh

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:07 pm

Here is the link to my website www.suckerpunchbaits.com. I was able to successfully powder coat my jigs. You just have to bake them at a lower temp but for much longer.

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:42 pm

jcotier

Can't be powder coated. The curing temperature of the powder coating is higher than the melting point of the tin/bismuth. I think theres a company called powder tech that makes powder that can be put on with just a lighter as a heat source. But your finish prob wouldnt last more than a day of hard fishing.

If you could post email so i could look at some bigger pictures of your baits Id like to purchase some to try.

Josh

Not true. Dan and I powder coat our jigs and it is the same material. Same with Boag Hog. You just have to know how to do it

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:17 pm

blackgts2002

jcotier

Josh

Not true. Dan and I powder coat our jigs and it is the same material. Same with Boag Hog. You just have to know how to do it

Yup it's a little tricky at first getting the temp right so you don't melt them but once you know how, they come out great.

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:23 pm

weighted swim bait hooks! god i hate this stupid ass law. i need to get some weighted swimbait hooks i use 6/0 with 1/4 oz mostly. anyone on here making them or know where i can get some without taking out a second mortgage on my hoiuse? preferably mustad hooks

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:51 pm

bassinbrooksy

weighted swim bait hooks! god i hate this stupid ass law. i need to get some weighted swimbait hooks i use 6/0 with 1/4 oz mostly. anyone on here making them or know where i can get some without taking out a second mortgage on my hoiuse? preferably mustad hooks

We make them. Send a message to Dan (bangbang). He knows the exacts on the molds we have and the cost.

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:56 pm

blackgts2002

bassinbrooksy

We make them. Send a message to Dan (bangbang). He knows the exacts on the molds we have and the cost.

Ok thanks ill message him later on my lunch break

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:42 pm

This law sucks ass. I read it was because of loons.
How many loons do you see on ponds on the south shore. I can understand the chu and the quabiin.
But the whole state!
It sucks cuz bass pro is mostly lead products.

Bass jigs are so much easier to find lead free. But Shakey head, swim bait hooks, shad darts, tube jigs, panfish jigs, ice fishing jigs are a pain to find lead free!

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:12 pm

bassturds

This law sucks ass. I read it was because of loons.
How many loons do you see on ponds on the south shore. I can understand the chu and the quabiin.
But the whole state!
It sucks cuz bass pro is mostly lead products.

Bass jigs are so much easier to find lead free. But Shakey head, swim bait hooks, shad darts, tube jigs, panfish jigs, ice fishing jigs are a pain to find lead free!

At www.suckerpunchbaits.com I sell unfinished shad darts1/8 and 1/4 sizes and Ill have smaller sizes by the end of the week the finished ones will be coming soon. i will have shaky heads in three sizes so check out the site over the weekend and I should have them listed.

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:24 pm

There is no issue at all powder coating if you use Bismuth or a Bismuth tin mix. As fa r as Shakey heads I make them and I think Jay does too.

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:12 pm

We sell all lead free at dicks sporting goods in dedham:) id trather see ppl go to local guys tho

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:31 am

hey butterbaits, are your led free jig heads larger than lead heads. thats the thing i hate about lead free. Having a big old jig head just doesn't look natural, and doesn't come through structure as easily. Thats the only nice thing about tungsten.

Posted Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:58 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links