Just like everything we throw they can either crush em or you can end up falling asleep using them...Im not big on the softbait unless im fishing heavy cover and around areas where most lures would get hanged up. But when they are tied on i mostly have it t-rigged... I just dont have the patience to fish them deep when i could be jiggin around a chatterbait...Theres been many days where my friend and i have been fishing and hes throwin senkos and im throwing somthing else. lots of times i will catch 3 to his 1 and then when we move to a new spot randomly he will start annihilating them every other cast.......Theres a time and place for everything........

Posted Wed May 02, 2012 3:33 pm

I rig em completely straight no sinker nothing just hook through top and feed the senko onto the hook and then stick the barb out the side and the senko should be completely straight. I catch em' all the time like this. And also I prefer 4" senkos. Baby bass color is good

Posted Wed May 02, 2012 5:34 pm

stratos1966

Before jumping on the senko bandwagon ask yourself this question.... What is more important to you catching fish or learning how to fish . If you just want to catch fish, buy only senkos and wacky rig to your hearts content. If you want to learn how to be a well rounded bass fisherman, able to fish all depths and multiple techniques, forget the senkos. They flat out catch fish but they slow your learning curve on other techniques because they draw you into throwing them and nothing else. You will catch more fish under all conditions and seasons if you learn how to fish top to bottom, on and off shore and in cold water and warm. Now if you already know how to pitch jigs, slow roll spinnerbaits, fish offshore structure, ect then by all means pick up some senkos and add them to your bag of tricks, if not, concentraight on everything else 1st and you wont be one of the guys asking why senkos have stopped working.

Very well said Rich!

Posted Wed May 02, 2012 5:36 pm

rich i think u hit the nail on the head,ur right. i was guilty myself falling into the senko trance.i got to the point when i refused to take them with me to force myself to throw other stuff.u might not be sucsessful at first,but just like anything else the more u do something the better u get at diferent techniques

Posted Wed May 02, 2012 7:01 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links