Caught my personal best at Chauncey!An 80lb Chocolate Lab ha ha.Was fishing Muskie style cast Bobber way out and lab dove in and swam after it.Thankfully dog did not get hooked but got neck wrapped up in line ha ha!

Posted Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Was it your dog Question Or was it one of those idiots that thinks their dog is entitled to go swimming at the spot you are fishing. Another pet peeve of mine, these people that think nothing of letting the dog go jumping in the water while you have a line out with hooks on it. Some people just don't get it Exclamation Luckily that dog didn't get hooked.

Posted Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:04 pm

Unfortunately they were there first not swimming when I got there thought they were just hanging out but knew the fishing was going to suck had a big bite there couple of days ago and just wanted to do a cast or two.Oh I think I would have lost it if they just came along and let there dog jump in while I was fishing but they were there first so not much I could do but think they should have been watching their dog better one was on phone other talking up a stranger.

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:18 am

at the end of the day there is always the leash law. The dog shoulda been on one

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:19 am

Nothing wrong with a dog doing a little swimming on a nice day.

Luckily he didn't get hooked.

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:29 am

I certainly like to take my dog swimming. But I make it a point to avoid anglers if at all possible both out of courtesy to the fisherman but also to keep my dog safe from those hooks.

Funny story: I went striper fishing waaaaaay out there. Using live macks as usual. A little seal pup starting swimming around the boat. It was cute until i realized he was chasing our bait! He finally got one but fortunately he bit the half without the hook. We moved after that....

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:46 am

bcodkind

Funny story: I went striper fishing waaaaaay out there. Using live macks as usual. A little seal pup starting swimming around the boat. It was cute until i realized he was chasing our bait! He finally got one but fortunately he bit the half without the hook. We moved after that....

I hear those seal pups are good shark bait Very Happy

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:57 am

Did you catch him on a Milk Bone rig hahahahahaha 80lbs that must be close to the state record

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:05 am

Thank goodness for braided line never would have got her in.Hey like I said they were there first so not much I could say I have a dog too so can't blame them for wanting to enjoy beauty of a day just wish it wasn't at my spot ha ha!

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:11 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links