Hey guys, I'm looking for a website where I can order some 3-4inch live crayfish. I found some but you have to order in bulk of 20lbs or more, I'll never be able to use all that before they all die. Anyone know of any websites that let you order about 5lbs? Or any local-ish bait shops, close to boston. (Fishing fanatics doesn't have any in yet) thanks in advance!

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:34 am

I suggest you order the minimum amount that you need for fishing and then plan on using the remainder for a crawfish boil.

Here is a link to the recipe for preparation instructions:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/crawfish-boil-recipe/index.html

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:14 am

may i ask what you are planning to use them for ?

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:29 am

I'm not big on eating any kind of fish, nor am I going to spend almost $100 on crayfish. And I plan on using them for LM and SM, which is why I posted in the bass forum =P

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:29 am

you could set up like a ten gallon fish tank and house them. do the research and see whats needed.

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:47 am

I've kept crayfish before when I was keeping 2 baby bass last year, the problem is each one needs a place to hide, and I would need something a lot bigger than 10g, and the 90g tank I have is currently housing my water dragon, so no dice there. I guess I'm going to have to wait for a local bait shop to get them in

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:57 am

never thought of that - using as bait Smile

good luck

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:33 pm

If you keep them, make sure you put a solid screen over the top. Me and buddy caught a bunch in the creek behind my house growing up, and put them in a tank in his basement. He went away for the weekend, and when he got back, they all crawled out and died all over the floor, stinking up the whole basement. One was even living in the sump pump. Beware!

I've never tried to buy them before, but maybe call Arlington Bait; he might have them.

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:01 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links