Just no size! Hit a couple of Pembroke area ponds the past few days and have found the buck bass to be quite aggressive. Managed between 15-20 each time out but nothing over 2lb. On the shallow weedy pond, topwater (Yum buzzfrog) was what they wanted. On the deeper sand bowl pond the Zoom finesse worm was the ticket. Hit another pond in Hanson this morning and they were smacking a T-rig lizard up tight to the bank. Only got 5 this trip Exclamation Fun, but it would be nice to nail something bigger than 2lb Exclamation Laughing

Last edited by don51 on Thu May 09, 2013 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 11:50 am

I'll take those numbers.

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 11:52 am

Heck yea, those are great numbers but can appreciate the want of a Lunker. The good news, now you have another reason to keep tossing lines in search of the fatty Laughing

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 12:28 pm

i'd rather catch numbers than nothing at all even if they're 1 pounders.

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 12:50 pm

dont get bummed about that, the big ones will come, i fished for 8-9 hours and i got that one 6 and a half lber that was it. although that was awesome it sucked that was the only fish i shoulda just went home after that since it was the first 15 minutes on the water. be greatful your getting numbers, numbers create patterns. i didnt see any crankbaits in there either hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 2:04 pm

Sounds like you're having fun Don!

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 2:15 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links