Wasted 1/2 tank fuel bringing boat to Eddy Pond down by Mass Pike in Auburn, and Flint Pond in Worcester only to catch nothing but a bad case of sunburn. Looking to find some other quality Bass fishing spots other than my normal Whalom Lake in Lunenburg, or Fort Pond in Lancaster.. Any help with some good spots would be appreciated.. Getting tired of the same 1, 1-1/2lb fish everytime..

Posted Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:23 pm

Jeff

Not sure were you live but based your profile you might want to try lake Monomonac in Winchedon i haven't been on it yet but my Bass Club is holding a tournament there next month. We have a large club 30+ members and many have already pre fished it and have done well. If you try it let me now how you make out i might have t hit you up for a spot or two

ED

Posted Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:39 pm

Thanks for the info.. I will try it out.. I am lucky in that I have an 18ft center console and an 14 row-boat for the spots I am not too sure about..
Yeah, let me now whenever you want a spot. I'll give you the skinny on any place I have fished too..

Posted Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:10 pm

just guessing your location from your usual fishing spot you mentioned, you're not really that far from Wachusett Reservoir - lots of big fish there. Wachusett has more state record fish than any other freshwater lake in the state, from what I've read. It's closed during the winter, but open from April(if the ice is gone) to the end of November. It's completely UNdeveloped and the state seems to keep a pretty tight clamp on things, so the water should be pristine...

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/recreation/locations/wachusett_reservoir.htm

Posted Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:21 pm

That's funny because Eddy pond has always been a mainstay on my fishing trips. My largest bass ever as well as my grandfathers largest were both caught there. We usually don't get a ton of fish but when we do they are good size.

Posted Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:10 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links