bummed. the fish and game guy fucked me for forgetting life jackets. Sad

Posted Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:19 am

I know you're disappointed but please don't blame the warden for doing his job. You screwed up, Accept it and move on.

Posted Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:13 pm

I know you're disappointed but please don't blame the warden for doing his job. You screwed up, Accept it and move on.

Posted Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:16 pm

fishermanmike

How did you get f****d? Were you written a ticket or missing anything else? I read the other posts and it looks the whole tourney was checked.

I took my 9 yr. old son and 11 yr. old daughter out last weekend and we were checked at the ramp. I'm glad the guy checked us - I wouldn't be on the water without the life jackets. He even gave the kids a small book for fish i.d. (which I may keep for myself....seeing that all i catch is pickerel..52 years old and I haven't caught a decent fish yet!)

I don't see these guys often and he said they cover big areas and that there was a new batch of wardens on the way. That's a job I would've liked to do. Oh well.

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:47 am

fishermanmike

I feel your pain Bro. I've been grabbed by thoes green guys for no boat reg. no fishing lic, no life jackets and generally being an idiot. Sent me packing with $250 worth of tickets.

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:09 am

yes , it was great that he checked us, keeping us safe out there on the water, and he is doing his job, he could of wrote a ton of tickets, no reg's, life jackets, bailing buckets,whistles,ect.... but as they sit by and watch the white buckets get filled and the ponds empty, we are facing a loosing battle on all the ponds we fish, they are taking all of the forrage fish that these ponds need to sustain them throughout the winter, if they keep taking all the small fish, all of our ponds will fail, my daughter is studying to be a game warden because of this , this has troubled her for a long time, ever since a game warden checked everything that i owned, and there were 6 people with white buckets next to us, i said are you going to check them? his reply? "they don,t speak english!"
i guess "we" are the people who pay their salary, this is a sad situation. sad.............................. Sad

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:12 am

I keep reading about the "white buckets" What exactly are we talking here? I use a white bucket, it's my tackle box. Is it against the law?

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:27 am

white buckets, are the people with no fishing license, and take every fish they catch legal or not, and put it in their white bucket, its just a figure of speech,.....

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:35 am

in my oppinion its really simple, if your prepared when they show up they are great people, if your not prepared you hate their guts and want to punch them in the face for ruining your day on the water.

lesson learned right?

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:45 am

tuna

I keep reading about the "white buckets" What exactly are we talking here? I use a white bucket, it's my tackle box. Is it against the law?

No we are talking another the bucket brigade 3 world foreigners who rape and pillage the local lakes and ponds of everything any and all fish they catch goes in the bucket and on the dinner table

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:20 am

chevin37

in my oppinion its really simple, if your prepared when they show up they are great people, if your not prepared you hate their guts and want to punch them in the face for ruining your day on the water.

lesson learned right?

Like, Im gunna inflate his life jacket and kick him in the throat.

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:26 am

been there done that no boat reg, no license - gave me a break on no license still 150 up his arse - but hey hey hey never seen a chulo loose his bucket

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:38 am

been there done that no boat reg, no license - gave me a break on no license still 150 up his arse - but hey hey hey never seen a chulo loose his bucket

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:38 am

It does suck that they wont deal with the bucket people. The possibility of having to deal with INS and extra paperwork etc. The people causing harm to the fisheries get off free, and they know it too.

That being said they also could of let us all launch and then handed out fines. He did say after he sent you home that he just saved you $100.

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:45 am

This happened to us last year and it was the same EPO. He remembered and brought it up himself! At that time, we would have been screwed if not for Sam and Chuck loaning us a jacket apiece! Since then, I carry two jackets in the truck, just in case! You live and learn.

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:50 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links