So I recently moved to moody st in Waltham. I do a lot of freshwater fishing in gloucester, where I am from, (actualy went there today to go after blues in the annisquam, but like everyone else had no luck, think the recent weather has them at the bottom) but don't know anything about freshwater fishing. I have a decent rod, but I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a few questions:

1) what is around in September?
2) What is the best bait/lure to catch them with
3) Where can they be found?
4)General tips for finding these fish/catching them

I appreciate any advice I can't wait to start fishing around here. I may rent kayak or bring one of mine up from gloucetser, but for the most part will be fishing from the banks/shores

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:36 pm

also, a few more questions, because I'm an absolute newb.

Where should I aim for when I cast? Deep water, lillies, underneath tree coverage/shade, etc.

When should I use a certain setup, example bobber, hook, leader or weight+ bait, or lure.

What statedy should I take? cast and slowly retrieve, let it sit om top or a certain ft w/bobber, jig?

what size hook should I use?

Posted Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:48 pm

Those are very broad questions that you asked. There is a post if you go onto the message board and search a little with a bunch of different techniques that a bunch of people on here use and are great ways to get some largemouths and other freshwater species and most of them have great detail to the technique.

Posted Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:24 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links