biggz53

Does anyone have any experience or insight on micro guide rods? Reading up on it I understand the concept but havent been able to find much in terms of downsides for this fishing technique.

Micro guides do not do a lot for baitcasting since the line come off the reel pretty straight to begin with. The idea behind microguides are to give you better casting distance by forcing the line to go through the guides "cleaner" or with less coiling. They work GREAT for spinning rods because they reduce the large coiling effect you get when you cast a spinning reel as the line coils off the spool. I just recently( early spring) purchased the BPS bionic blade medium spinning rod with micro guides for jerkbaiting. I experienced smoother, longer casts and less line twist. I like it.

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 8:59 am

stratos1966

biggz53

Does anyone have any experience or insight on micro guide rods? Reading up on it I understand the concept but havent been able to find much in terms of downsides for this fishing technique.

Micro guides do not do a lot for baitcasting since the line come off the reel pretty straight to begin with. The idea behind microguides are to give you better casting distance by forcing the line to go through the guides "cleaner" or with less coiling. They work GREAT for spinning rods because they reduce the large coiling effect you get when you cast a spinning reel as the line coils off the spool. I just recently( early spring) purchased the BPS bionic blade medium spinning rod with micro guides for jerkbaiting. I experienced smoother, longer casts and less line twist. I like it.

Good to know, thanks.

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 9:05 am

Before I hooked on with Denali late last year, I wish using a couple Abu Veritas Micro-guide casting rods. Nice stick for hundred bucks. Very light weight. Rich is right about the added casting distance, also weight reduction overall is a bonus.

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 9:17 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links