new jig and worm Rod with revo six

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:14 pm

Only problem is I don't know how to set it up this is my first baitcaster

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:04 pm

first thing you'll want to do is set the internal magnetic brakes. start with at least 2-4 in the "on" position. the side plate opens if you unscrew the silver "bar" at the top then pull outward. once rigged up, set the lure tension knob on the side. that black knob. and also set the drag accordingly (the star).

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:09 pm

I might be a complete idiot I have the bar loos pulled out and still can't get side plate off

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:13 pm

twist it now and it will pop off

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:44 pm

Haha are we talking the same reel here this is revo sx 7.1.1 still haven't got this thing off yet

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:30 pm

I have the same reel and love it! The side plate won't pop off, but will slide down instead Just easily rock it back and fourth until it does, pulling outward on the bar at the same time. That should do the trick.

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:58 pm

Yes, once you have unscrewed the holding post simply rotate the cover and it will pop off.

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:04 pm

Yes the cap off but doesn't look like anything in in here to adjust do I adjust with the nob on the side

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:07 pm

With the magnetic brakes the only adjustment is the exterior control.

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:37 pm

It's true, adjustments are on outside. But at least you know how to open it now and can oil/clean as needed.

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:42 pm

I believe this model is a magnetic breaking system that doesn't require you to be accessing under the side plate unless you're ready for maintenance actions. Sounds like you're simply looking for basic bait caster break setup instructions. Try these for a basic start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QqY5QI6C2A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A_4EUB5F5Y

The 1st vid is on revo's. Yours, with magentic breaks is discussed at ~2:00 into the vid. The 2nd vid is very general but might help as well. Search you tube and tackletour dot com there's tons of info out there.

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:46 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links