Hey Guys new to the forum

Im flying in June 14th and will be there til the 21st.
Me and my father in law will be fishing during my visit.

We will be staying in Attlebroro, and are trying to make our travel time under an hour.

I would like to target Large/Small Mouth Bass.

Where should i go.... how should i fish......

Any Help would be great

Thanks guys

Aaron L.

Posted Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:48 pm

Will you guys have a boat or be fishing off shore?

Posted Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:04 am

Norton Reservoir and Lake Nippenicket are 2 good spots pretty close by Attleboro. Neither have smallies but a lot of really nice bass come out of those places.

I don't fish either too often so I'm no expert on baits but at the Nip I had good luck with my jig and craw trailer and my buddy got a 5lber with a plastic worm.

I'll PM you as well about another spot.

Posted Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:36 pm

we will be in a boat

Posted Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:38 pm

i will have access to kayaks, small john boats, and a bass pontoon boat as well

thanks for the heads up guys !
more info is always welcome

Posted Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:03 pm

anyone else .... im not asking for gps chips or your honey hole just some help to help a guy out and to show what mass. has for fishing

Posted Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:21 pm

I don't fish south of the Mass Pike often, but Lake Cochituate State Park and Whitehall State Park are two nice size bodies of water about 45 minutes from Attleboro.

Cochituate has a huge ramp area that can get a bit crowded, but there is plenty of room across the 3 connected lakes once you move away from the launch.

Whitehall is a much more rural setting. It has a two lane launch and a moderate size parking lot that can be crowded on a nice weekend.

Both have a mix of bass, pike, pickerel and pan fish.

Here is a link to the Mass boating access sites if you want to poke around for other options... http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dfg/fba/access-sites.html

Wishing you tight lines on your trip... Enjoy!

Posted Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:43 pm

nippinicket, sabbatia, cochichuate, all good places to try

Posted Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:31 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links