run 2 events in one...run every tournament as an open but only the teams that have signed up for the points compete for points...as in if neil cant fish with his designated team partner then "team sinista" cant compete for points...but they can compete for the money prize like all the other teams...your running 13 events right?..then pick a minimum number of tournaments a designated team needs to fish to qualify for points and your TOC....so?...you say that a "team" has to fish 6 events out of 13 to qualify for points in the 6 events they fish to fish the TOC...with MAFF fishing 13 big boat events then you open yourself up to teams cherry picking what events they want to fish...then designate 6 events as mandatory team events...

this is how it works at the weighin

1st place...not a designated MAFF team....but win 1st place money
2nd place....not a designated MAFF team...but win 2nd place money
3rd place...MAFF team wins 1st place points for MAFF team tournament but 3rd place money...

its a bit confusing for sure but take the time to read and reread what I posted....email me at dwojo@hotmail.com if you have more questions

Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:09 am

the good thing about this format is that you can still have a "fun" event and have a competitive event at that same time...

Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:14 am

Yup exactly. Makes it a true team format. Not so much having a team "owner" who picks a local ringer as their partner each time.

Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:20 pm

Maff has never used a point system before,But I like what you are saying.It may be hard to get them to understand the theory of it but I'm sure we can work on it.Thanks Dave.

Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Dave can you post a mock tourney result so all can understand how this will work?I think the point system is the part none of the guys are used to.

Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:15 pm

would the mandatory 6 events be tuff to do (with this format) when it's first come first serve for sign up a week before the tourny?, it would seem to me that with all of the new teams ,that it will be tuff to get in a lot of the tournaments if there are so many 1 or 2 timers entering? just a thought, i know we ran into a problem at the end of last season with people trying to qualify and the torny was full?

Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:40 pm

No way . Guys are upset about 1 open, nevermind 20

Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:35 pm

stratos1966

No way . Guys are upset about 1 open, nevermind 20

Thanks Dave but we have to keep this as simple as possible the whole point system is way too complicated, by that I don't mean for the guys , I mean for preserving the idea that these events were originally created to be fun, not to be a 100% serious all the time ordeal. We have a blast every time we go out we just needed to refine a few things to help clarify exactly what is and what is not to be expected.. we hope to see you out there with us a few times, you know ill be at CBH then first event after the ice recedes. Tight lines bud

Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:42 pm

ok neil....see you all in febuary at either west res or santuit

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:17 am

wojo

ok neil....see you all in febuary at either west res or santuit

West Res sounds great but I honestly hope its Santuit I've done really well at the last 2 CBH events there

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:40 am

fishforbass

would the mandatory 6 events be tuff to do (with this format) when it's first come first serve for sign up a week before the tourny?, it would seem to me that with all of the new teams ,that it will be tuff to get in a lot of the tournaments if there are so many 1 or 2 timers entering? just a thought, i know we ran into a problem at the end of last season with people trying to qualify and the torny was full?

OG's get first shots at the spots then the rest of us chumps get a chance.

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:53 am

jcotier

fishforbass

OG's get first shots at the spots then the rest of us chumps get a chance.

Just saw this comment too...it makes me laugh but not surprised. I'm pretty sure as stated in the comment that you quoted it says first come first serve when the tournament is posted the week before the event. Do you need additional clarification on that?

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:40 pm

No s***

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:28 pm

A points system sucks it takes the fun out of the whole MAFF orignial concept.

Posted Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:39 am

There will be no point system and the tournaments will not be open to non MAFF members except for the 2 designated opens in May and October on Harwich. Those 2 tournaments DO NOT count in the total weight standings and are separate tournaments.

Posted Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:17 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links