I can't see making the "regs" uncomfortable so I'll chill out Rog`...no dis-respect intended to anyone when I post ....this site is like metal-plated coconut...

I apologize ---my new mantra will be "Less-Posts"

Last edited by riverrat82 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:26 am

riverrat82

...this site is like metal-plated coconut...and unless you kiss "the correct" asses "you" have NO SHOT at having an opinion( it helps when alot of you guys have known each other for years)Newbies should be warned...

I don't really care about the rest of the drama that can go on round here..but I will comment on this part.

I simply don't find that true at all. I have never once seen any new comer greeted with anything outside of hospitality and I've been here since 2007 on Bedlem. At the time, when I first started posting I was met with "good job" "thanks for posting" etc. If anyone comes here and asks questions they are typically answered by people in the know and there are a new mix of people in and out all the time. If your new you can say Hi and generally get a 2 page post of Hi's back from the regs. No where else have I seen a website that so many, I dare say strangers before hand, will typically get together and fish (or attempt too lol) on a regular basis.

I have been to some very "closed" forums and this defo isn't one of them. You yourself have made great comments about the population of this specific fishfinder.com and I wouldn't want the rep of such a great site being tarnished simply because 2 members had a disagreement.

Anyway sorry for hijacking your thread Shawn!

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:56 am

Ok...you got me

Last edited by riverrat82 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:32 am

riverrat82

Ok...you got me (literally)...however...it MUST be agreed that there is a BIASED metality of (No-Boat-No-Fisherman)...

Do you really think so? I don't have a boat...

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:33 am

blackstonecarp

riverrat82

Ok...you got me (literally)...however...it MUST be agreed that there is a BIASED metality of (No-Boat-No-Fisherman)...

Do you really think so? I don't have a boat...

You are CLEARLY an exception and you back yourself up with videos and blogs that CAN'T BE DENIED

Last edited by riverrat82 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:08 am

So I just want to be clear that there is a video attached to this thread. I'm going with to each his own. Boat or Shore it's all fishing. I have a boat and still shore fish as do many of the guys (Smoke comes to mind). As far as Dave from Wista goes I say this is a public forum and he isn't offensive (unless you consider being crazy an offense) and does start some good threads (10 Questions is my favorite). I can see where Rog is coming from. Going from talking on a fishing site to throwing an after party for a member seems to be a stretch. Another thing I disagree with Dave is that I don't feel like there is an inner circle or any kind of cliques. I usually look at there's Johnny and Justin and then there's us. It is winter time with no ice so we all have nothing better to do so I'm sure things will slow down here and pick up on the water soon enough (2012 schedule is up).

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:09 am

No inner circle, I assure you. Heck for 42 of my 44 years on the planet, I've been strictly a shore fisherman and now I only have a cartopper at that.

It's the party planning and going off like an out of control little school girl at times that drives me crazy! I can't imagine I'm alone on that thought (pms all verify that). Listen, I knew I was gonna be made a target myself (because who the heck am I?), but I can handle it and do apologize to those who may have been offended for whatever reason, but my opinion is not changed and I am frightened for some.

Dave, you have made some really good observations and contributions and then you go off on this wild roller coaster ride of a rant and take everybody (or those who continue to read on, myself not included) with you.

I will forgo my opinions about Dave from Woosta's crazy (Shhh, I mean unique) antics any further, but when the plane circling the DCI Center with the "I Love [fill in member name], the Riverrat82" on the day the state pins are handed out, I will laugh and cheer louder than everyone (if I do go), as I run like hell in the opposite direction yelling holy snikeys, breaking through the line of cloaked, candle holding minions also circling the place!

And that's all I got to say about that, ever!

Last edited by pocketfisherman on Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:05 pm

-X-

Last edited by riverrat82 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:06 pm

And I HATE the fucking DCU (13 years of service and bye bye old staff so f*** them)and the banner over head will read "I love MAFF" hahaha and if lovin' you guys like my brothers is wrong and makes me a weirdo SO WHAT !My wife asks me regularly if I like "you-guys" and I readily say...of course...I keep going back don't I?

I do agree, the DCU center management do suck. I've seen it and dealt with them in the past. They wanted to hire some of my old company's contract security officers and we could not agree on the simplest of things, like signing a contract, hourly rates and duties and roles. It got ugly before it even got off the ground and ultimately never happened.

As far as "loving you guys like my brothers", really? THAT is what I'm talking about dude! That's not normal when you start saying that stuff from practically day one and scares me, for real! Maybe you are alot closer to some than I thought (although maybe they don't know that themselves?) Maybe it's a good thing I said what I did or maybe not, who knows. Good luck with everything and I really hope to see you out on the water this year and not just shaking hands on the shore, for real!

Who knows though, with the way I finished the year off, my partner may be kicking me out of the boat and you can jump in? Only way for me to avoid that is finding more time to fish and re hone some apparent lost skills.

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:57 pm

]And I HATE the DCU (13 years of service and bye bye old staff so f*** them)

Last edited by riverrat82 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:15 pm

Nope, doesn't help sorry. I'm all for having an open heart, but at some point, it crosses over into something else creepy Shocked . Sorry for your loss though regardless. Again, I absolutely hope to see you out on the water fishing!

Posted Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:54 pm

That video made my day.

Posted Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:22 am

Thanks man...I love that place

Posted Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:34 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links