Decided to clean up my 1987 a little bit

Posted Tue May 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Is that your everyday rig?

Posted Tue May 14, 2013 10:37 pm

Yes..I used to have a Glasstream 16' with a 70 hp Merc, but I sold that to get this about 12 years ago. I miss the smaller boat, I could actually fish in less than 12 " of water with the Glasstream. This boat is a Blazer, made By Champion back in the early days.

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 6:41 am

Nice Ride Bob. Love seeing classic rigs well taken care of!!

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 6:58 am

nice ride. i wish i had that for an every day setup.

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 7:07 am

I think if anyone is interested, contact some of the marine repair places, there are many that have older boats in their back yards that the owners didn't have the money for repair, or purchased a new boat, that the dealers would be happy to get rid of for a small fee. You can always garage them and work little by little to restore. The worst part of course is the motor. ith all the new 4 stroke, and more efficient 2 strokes that come out now it's readily more available to pick up an older motor, for these boats. My motor is a 1987 200hp Mariner. It runs a little tired, and smokes a little more than newer ones, still has the electronics that are in newer models, but with all the speed limits on lakes being lowered it's a great motor. P.S. It really looks good in the photo, but it still has some issues.....

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 7:27 am

below is my 9115 foot bass champ made by aggressor. It has a cathedral hull, wicked stable and shallow draft. Bought is for wicked short $$ spent 2 Months to get is water worthy. Boat motor and trailer left outside for 6 years very neglected so it needed alot but .......

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 11:59 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links