i was going to head over to mill pond reservoir in burlington tomorrow with the wife its about 10 min from the house. Saw some bass on the shoreline taking our dogs for a walk..

Only thing.... do you need to be a local resident for this? I read somewhere about this and if its enforced. We live in Wilmington and are just looking for a decent place to shore fish locally.

we were also thinking of trying foster pond soon on our kayaks but I cant find a place to put in easily. The only place is by the dam on rattlesnake hill and then to park on carter lane, parking on rattle snake seems to not be a good place to park for about 10 min while unloading 2 kayaks.

Posted Sun May 25, 2014 8:55 pm

I've never seen any sign posted saying residents only and fished it regularly one season. Never seen any epos or town cops in there. Some good size fish in there as well. I believe if you check their website it is residents only but enforcement just isnt there.

Posted Sun May 25, 2014 9:03 pm

Fisherman MUST be from town with a permit to fish Mill Pond. Back when you did not at the far northeast corner is a aeration pipe and all the big bass set up right on the churn line. Want to fish that place but I looked into it and it's not ok for out of townies. Of course could just go and I doubt any trouble.

Posted Sun May 25, 2014 10:43 pm

Bunch of people fish the Burlington res. there's a few lunkers in there near the island point . Right near rope swing. People always have late night fires there and fish.

Posted Sun May 25, 2014 11:41 pm

Parking at the dam on rattlesnake hill rd is ok. I've done it a million times. Parking is ok on carter ln. Too.

Posted Mon May 26, 2014 2:38 pm

The earlier in the day you get there, the better. Rattlesnake fills up quickly, especially when dopes parking take up two spaces! Keep us posted and good luck!

Posted Mon May 26, 2014 5:08 pm

I know a certain area to park and only a 10min drag of kayak or a 5 min walk in Smile gotta love fostahs

Posted Mon May 26, 2014 5:36 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links