I am thinking of hitting Upper Massapoag Lake in Dunstable in the morning. Besides having limited parking at the ramp, is anyone familiar with this fishery? There isn't much written on line about it. Are there any known hazards?

Thanks.

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:10 pm

there are a pile of rocks in the middle with a flag sticking out of it where is gets shallow. other than that there is a large tree on one of the sides that near the top of the water

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:16 pm

I appreciate it, thanks. I can't find a depth map anywhere on line. All searches end up at Massapoag in Sharon.

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:20 pm

Thanks for the info. It was good to be cautious today because there was a lot of submerged structure - stumps and trees mostly. I appreciate the heads up.

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:41 pm

Thanks for the info. It was good to be cautious today because there was a lot of submerged structure - stumps and trees mostly. I appreciate the heads up.

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:42 pm

i live on the lake and fish it almost everyday. your best bet if you are fishing it in the near future would be to take a black and blue jig and fish all the weed pockets ( there are two really good weed patches about 100 yards into the lake once you leave the canal from the boat ramp and right when you pass those rocks in the middle is another good patch.) i can almost guarantee that pattern will put fish in the boat but if it doesnt just troll around the shorelines with a senko and you will clean up.
hope this info helps you in the future and please make sure you wash your boat and trailer THOROUGHLY before lauching because the exotic weeds are starting to ruin the lake

Posted Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:28 pm

Max,

Thanks for such a great response. I will definitely head back there. Does the ramp stay open all season or does it shut down during parts of the summer? Maybe see you on the water.

Charlie

Posted Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:21 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links