We are moving to Tyngsboro and I will be minutes away from Mascuppic, Althea, and Long Pond. The majority of my fishing the last 2 years has been spent on the Concord River. Amazing fishery. Has anyone fished the Tyngsboro lakes? Any success or suggestions? Any idea how to access Althea? Lots of questions!

Thanks,

Charlie

Posted Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:01 pm

Nobody?

Posted Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:31 pm

I haven't fished any of those spots, but I've been to a bunch of spots in the area...mostly Groton/Dunstable. I've ice fished Baddacook, Upper Massapoag and Freeman Lake (which I think is also called Newfield Pond). You can get a boat in all the places, I know there is at least car top access for all of them - Badacook is either electric only or no motors at all. I did decent at all these spots and would definitely check them out in the open water.

There is also a good stretch of the Nashua River off of 119/111 in Groton. If you like fishing the Concord this should be right up your alley. North of the launch the river has all kinds of coves/bays/inlets and weed beds. It seems pretty killer...its a long haul on my kayak, but I'll be back up there this year for sure.

Posted Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:11 pm

Thanks, Ted. PM sent.

Posted Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:12 pm

Long Pond, i think you have to be a member of some boat club there on the lake or somethuing like that, to be allowed to launch from their ramp. iono, check it out.

Posted Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:10 am

thanks budwick. i thought you could launch from the bar/restaurant for a fee. i have heard some good things about long pond.

Posted Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:48 am

sent you a pm

Posted Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:08 pm

Well you are still going to be pretty close to the Concord River so thats still a given, considering how well aware you are that its such a great fishery. Theres also the Merrimack River too, which will be basically in your backyard, which gives you a great shot at awesome smallmouth.

As for Mascuppic, yes I have fished there, BUT from shore. And it is NOT very shore friendly at all unless you know people on the lake that will let you fish in their yard. The public area where you can fish from shore is pretty limited, but I have pulled out a few fish from there. From your avatar pic I see you in a boat, so I assume you are primarily a boat fisherman, so I don't see the whole shore situation being a problem for you.

Also, sending you a PM to tell you something I dont want visible to public (and when I say public I mean non-members that lurk the boards)

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:09 pm

mat,

thanks for the response and the pm. everyone, thanks for all of your input.

charlie

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:39 pm

Charlie, ill take you out on Long. Rumor is the Fleur de Lis is free now. Mikey Meatballs and I used to call long home.

Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Old boat record out of there!

Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:52 pm

I am in just say the word!

Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:16 pm

I am in just say the word!

Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:18 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links