My grandson (10 years old) who lives in Mansfield called and said he would like me to take him fishing at Norton Res. after his little league game. Since we will only have about 3 hours and I don't feel like bringing my boat up (I live in Harwich), can anyone suggest some onshore fishing spots nearby. Species is not critical. When he comes to the Cape we go to Sheeps pond for trout, Long Pond for Bass and Red River Beach for striped bass with very good results. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.

Posted Fri May 20, 2011 5:01 pm

There is a Road that goes on the back side of the lake in the Norton Res.
off 495 it should be the first left off rt140 before the concert place on the right side {It could be called Norton Res. Rd} . There are a couple of spots that you could see as you drive along but there is a spot that you can walk to the Dam where I've caught Bass and Pickerel and Blue Gil's , It's on a curve and 2 or 3 Big Rocks on the right side of the rode an across from it there is a Street and a house. You park next to the Big Rocks an jump over , You will see the path to the left and follow it about 40yrds to the end. Not to many folks go there .

Look at the Map View Reservoir Street is the name But it does not show the Dam but it might be where it shows a river cutting across the road.
on Reservoir St.

It's right across Rumford Rd It has a white bridge fence on both sides and two 3ft Rocks where you will park.

Last edited by inkslinger on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue May 31, 2011 1:45 am

thanks for the post. My grandson is already researching your suggestion. I am returning to Mansfield next week and we will give it a try.

Posted Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:50 pm

Just look for 3 BIG ROCKS there are about 3-4 feet high Jump over and follow the path to the left you will walk by a house just continue until you come up to the lake an Dam. There is another spot if you are coming from Rt 123 to Rt 140 where the road has water on both sides
there is a Asian Restaurant on the right , Just pull in the parking lot an you park close to lake , There tight spots with lots pads in the water caught a few Bass in there , My 11yr old uses worms an always gets sun fish in both spots.

Good Luck , I've gone around Taunton with no luck this year.

Posted Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:06 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links