you ever fish the same couple spots on the same body of water for a long time looking for one specific species and have no luck at all only to realize that youve known exactly where to go the whole time but were too stupid to put 2 and 2 together ? well i had that major "duuuuh" moment tonight at work while sitting on the dumper watching a youtube vid of a friend pulling a pike from my local spot in february 2012 i noticed something in the background... a tree.. not just any tree but a tree ive tryed to fish from many times before but found it impossible to cast without going into waste deep water (considering what im fishing for im all set wading around in the water over there lol) a tree ive also seen in the background of a picture a little old man showed me of a 30 inch pike he had cought in march 2012 on a spinnerbait. its the friggin tree!!! i know that spot !! why am i soooo stupid to not realize that im supposed to be over there right now not on the other side of the lake where ive been! well its basically early february right now so saturday morning im going to the spot that ive known all along but was far to stupid to realize it and catch me some pike. i will be posting a trip when i get home and i am confident that rather then typing about something eating all my hotdogs and biting my shiners in half i WILL be posting pics of myself holding my first pike instead. smacking myself in the head right now saying jesus how could you be so dumb?!!! maybe its all the "ahhhemmm" recreational smoking i did in highschool lol. so has anyone else ever had a major "duh" moment like this before? lol

Posted Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:20 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links