Coffee and donuts!Wow your really getting into this one Johnny.Scotty likes his iced with four pumps mocha,four pumps of cream and two sugars.hahahahahahahaha.He'll have me driving to get that before we even get there.lol See you at the gate.

Posted Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:25 pm

looks like dirty water and the landlords are teaming up for this one!

Posted Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:17 pm

Yeah Scotty's on his Own ther boss, lol

Team dirty landlords have been added, I love it
You rule chuck

Posted Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:22 pm

I hada dirty landlord once

Posted Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:08 pm

shawneramone

I hada dirty landlord once

thats a surprise haha

Posted Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:28 pm

Cmon guys we need 3 more teams to fill this up!

Posted Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:50 am

Looks like we are stuck at 17.No takers,we'd love to have you.

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:00 pm

If anyone needs co-angler I would certainly be up for it.

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:19 pm

If anyone is in need of life jackets. I have four extra someone could borrow for the weekend. They are the normal orange style. Just a heads up if someone forgets to bring them. I usually keep them In my tool box in my truck anyways.

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:40 pm

BIG DAY TOMORROW, DAY ONE OF THE MAFF 2 DAY TOURNAMENT!

17 BOATS SHOULD BE A GREAT TIME, ANY LAST MINUTE ENTRIES
JUST SHOW UP AND WILL ADD YOU RIGHT IN.

I'LL BE THERE RIGHT ABOUT 5:30 TO OPEN THE GATES, ONCE EVERYONES IN I'LL LOCK IT BACK UP, SO IF YOUR RUNNING LATE PLEASE CALL ME SO I KNOW NOT TO LOCK YOU OUT.

SEE YOU ALL IN THE A.M!

Posted Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:01 am

This is a long post but good info about fish care. Water temps on Cochituate this weekend will be bathtubish so with that in mind here is some info. Also, at the end there is two notes about adding salt and hydrogen peroxide. I personally only add the H2O2 in cartoppers and if my livewell pump dies. Adding less is better as too high of a concentration will harm the fish.

Fill livewell early in the day, at your first fishing spot. Water temperatures are coolest early in the morning. Cooler water holds more oxygen. Take water from open areas, avoiding stagnant backwaters, sloughs, or boat launch sites.

While the freshwater system is filling the livewell, turn on the boat’s recirculating pump and run it continuously until the livewell is full to build oxygen.

WhenWaterTemperatureisBelow75° F
Fill the livewell as described above•
Run the livewell pumps on intake mode to add fresh water•
Run the livewell pumps continuously if you have more than 5 pounds of fish in the livewell.

WhenWaterTemperatureisAbove75° F
When surface water temperature increases above 75° F, temperature control with ice, partial water exchange to remove dissolved wastes, and the addition of salt to aid osmotic regula¬tion are essential to maximize survival.

Fill the livewell as described above•
Set the livewell system to operate in recirculating mode•
Cool the livewell water by adding block ice•

As a guide, one 8-pound block (or two frozen half-gallon • milk jugs) of ice cools a 30-gallon livewell 10°F for about 3 hours. Experiment with your boat’s livewell volume and calculate the amount of ice you need to achieve the desired drop in water temperature. Adding one frozen 16oz water bottle every 1-2 hours may be a good starting point.

Block ice melts more slowly than crushed or cube ice, • provides more constant temperature modification and can be easily stored for later use. Don’t be concerned about chlorine in the ice. The little that remains when the ice melts will come out of solution with proper aeration. Be concerned about chlorine if you dont have the proper aeration.

Monitor livewell water temperatures with a plastic aquarium thermometer or install a temperature probe in the livewell.

If you have more than 5 pounds of bass in the livewell, • pump out half of the livewell water every 3 hours, then refill with fresh water from areas with good water quality.

Add ice to lower the temperature to the desired range
SURFACE WATER TEMPERATURE/LIVEWELL WATERTEMPERATURE
75-80° F / 75° F
81-85° F / 78° F
ABOVE 85° F / 80° F

Avoid adding water from stagnant backwaters or shallow areas that may be extremely warm and low in oxygen.

Run the recirculating pumps continuously if you have more than 5 pounds of bass in the livewell.

Additives:
Add non-iodized salt (this is table salt without the iodine, iodized salt will harm the fish) at a rate of 1/3 cup per 5 gallons of livewell water. Pre-measure the salt into plastic bags and carry several with you for later use. Some of the additives like Catch and Release contain this.

If your livewell pump fails:
Add 1oz of hydrogen peroxide for every 3 gallons. There is no need to replace the water after doing this.

Posted Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:09 am

AWESOME info bud thank you!

Posted Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:15 am

I wish i had my boat ready Sad i might stop by sundays weigh to meet some of you guys and check out the tourney.

Posted Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:40 pm

Johnny

Do you need any help tomorrow? I will be there by 5:30

Let me know.

Thanks
ED

ps - Cream no sugar LOL

Posted Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Thanks Ed, I'll pick someone tomorrow to do live well checks. lol

Posted Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:17 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links