What's working during the day now? Mornings and evenings I'm pulling fish on a frog, but not much is going on during the day...

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 12:48 pm

It should't matter too much what you are throwing as long as the color is matched well with forage and water clarity when the sun is especially this weekend where it is postspawn and going to be so hot find deep water close to spawning flats and fish the drop until you find out depth they are in for that day
what i throw are jigs, dropshot and crankbaits

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 1:40 pm

Today my partner was throwing a chartreuse spinner bait and killing them, he got 17 bass plus some bycatch. I was throwing a yellow Booyah frog (3 bass), watermelon senko (3 bass), white spinnerbait (1 bass), chartreuse and blue spinnerbait (3 bass). So in terms of numbers he bested me.

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 4:01 pm

It's been tough between the crazy weather and the end of the spawn. After this spell of 90 deg. weather they should be settling into summer patterns. Whatever those may be Exclamation Laughing

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 7:25 pm

I went out yesterday to snipatuit, which is only 6 feet everywhere. Got a couple small fish in a spinner early the. Nothing. Throwing worms, frogs, broken minnows, top water, deep diving cranks. Nothing. Tried shallow, tried deep... Only problem being was I was paddling in a canoe with no fish finder so I tried guessing bottom contour and fishing off points.... Went to another pond later in the day, and nothing again. This weather ( hopefully) is making fish crazy and they'll settle down soon.

Posted Fri May 31, 2013 11:32 am

GO SALTWATER!!!!!!

saltwater is on fire!! big bass are in. last night i was watching bait getting mauled by tons of stripers. caught 2 good sized bass!

they were picky, cuz there was so much tiny bait!!!!

earlier in the evening. i walked down and fished off my back yard!!! caught one small schoolie! getting a bunch of follows and a few good hits!

lost a good bass at my dock! rookie mistake. i tried to swing it on the dock and it through the hook. OH WELL!!!!! the season just begun!!!
cant wait for the epic blitzes off my back yard. theres massive blitzes all day. 7AM NOON or 7PM

only had one lure! brought a bomber spook lure!!!

Posted Fri May 31, 2013 3:43 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links