http://www.denalirods.com/rosewoodswimbaitrod.aspx

this is the swimbait rod I own, actually just recieved it a few weeks ago

Sinista-Denali Pro Staff

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:50 am

Neil no offense but that rod would be a bad option for the baits he is looking to throw. I actually don't see a rod in the entire Denali lineup that would be a good choice for what he needs. You want a 7'11" rod with a moderate fast taper rated to at least 4oz.

Jbigun - Swimbait Biguns pro staff

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:30 pm

Neil doesn't own a swimbait. He's gonna flip grass with a pit boss and "swim" it out. It's a whole new method

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:50 pm

That Denali swimbait rod would be a good stick for baits like the skinny dipper, hollow belly swimbaits, etc.

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:56 pm

i've never have had the knot actually brake on me its always been my fault with a simple error tying it

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:32 pm

That is the main reason I have never used leaders. I'm not that confident in my knot tying skills. I'm going to have to change that

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:18 pm

i also tie my braid to the backing with a uni to uni and most of my leaders are tied uni to uni but if its a long leader that will have to go threw the guides ill tie a modified albright cause its a little less bulky than a uni to uni and flys threw guides a little smoother

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:31 pm

as long as you wet them enough before clinching the knot to stop its self from burning the floro its should be fine an always check them when done. i love the fact there is no stretch, memory, stonger and there is way better feel than mono or straight floro oh yea it casts alot better to. i have braid on all my reels with all modified albrights on them its really easy and you can tie it anywere

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:48 pm

I own and use the 7'6" MH Okuma Guide Series Big Bait rod. It's rated 1/2 to 5 Oz, which is probably a reach on the high end. I do fish the 7" slammers and 6" Hudds, and the rod does well for those but it does seem like the upper end of its range. At the price i's a pretty good quality rod that will serve your needs. It'll also fish the smaller 1 oz class baits like the Buzzjets and the 4" BBZs without trouble. Pretty versatile for the small-to-medium swimbait range.

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:03 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links