Going to long pond Plymouth this weekend fished all the ponds around there just never long pond itself any tips on lure selection or technique ?[/list]

Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:30 am

For bass? Its TOUGH. Super clear and deep. Light line and small natural color baits. tubes and spider jigs and grubs. Lots of wood on the bottom in 10-20' on the NE shoreline

Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:43 am

Yea,what he said! Also lots of drops to fish. Great place for spinners and cranks. Still tough though

Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:45 am

Tough is good . Any quality though

Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:57 am

Lets just say there are 100 ponds in Plymouth i'd rather fish then Long Pond

Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:41 am

stratos1966

Lets just say there are 100 ponds in Plymouth i'd rather fish then Long Pond

^What he said

Look around the general plymouth/wareham/cape area there's so many ponds it's not even funny. Long pond gets hammered for all sorts of fish so i probably wouldn't really take your time to go. Even though supposedly there is good bass fishing for largies and better for smallies? If you don't live to far away I'd recommend scouting out some places to fish under 200acres. Theres great fishing all around you just gota hunt them out.

Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:15 am

If you've got a float tube/pair of waders/swim trunks I'd recommend the smaller pond across the parking lot from the Long Pond launch, Little Long Pond. I've had good success there for bass and the occasional perch. It's very shallow there, you can walk around that entire little cove and I believe there are still lily pads in there that hold fish, as well as some good vegetation on the right hand side. Just another option.

Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:19 am

I have fished so many ponds in Plymouth was just wondering how it was there

Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:22 am

Definitely more of a trout and smallmouth pond. You can see them 15 feet down clear as can be. Use inline spinners by Mepps or Panther Martin both species will bite them. I heard that there are largemouth in Little Long Pond accross the street which is also gin clear.

Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:55 pm

My son and I actually saw a bright orange and white koi sauntering around a fallen tree that was half in the pond and half out. Thing was huge.

Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:57 pm

i've always wondered myself how the smallie fishing was in long pond. heard it was decent. is it a lot of smaller ones but a few giants (both types)?

Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:19 pm

i caught a monster pickerel on a fallen tree on a tube at little long.

Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:38 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links