I was spooling up a spinning reel for ice fishing using my Bass Pro spooling station, and I got tired of it catching on the notch so ended up switching it to baitcaster set up. The line had a lot of memory coming off the spool, but worked OK.

Posted Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:22 pm

Your Jigging Rod Killed it yesterday!!!!!! Go Fish

Posted Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:27 pm

semperfi

any spinng reel works belive me when spooling line do it like casting reel except gp from bottom I learned it on you tube from shawn grisby , Aron marton kevin short and tried last year with awsome results

Any reel does not work. If it does not have an inline bearing on the bail, you will be putting twist in your line with every crank of the handle. It's the inline bearing that keeps the line from twisting.

Posted Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:14 pm

My lines don't twist because I'm awesome

Posted Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:26 pm

shawneramone

or they seem straight to you because your head is equally twisted

Posted Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:49 pm

kman

shawneramone

Either way

Posted Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:52 pm

or b/c you never use spinning gear.

Posted Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:48 pm

kman

shawneramone

I laughed. Laughing

Posted Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:51 pm

samf

or b/c you never use spinning gear.

you could be on to something

Posted Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:58 pm

muskiebigfish

Your Jigging Rod Killed it yesterday!!!!!! Go Fish

Yes it did. I was happier than a pig in s***.

Posted Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:05 pm

stratos1966

semperfi

any spinng reel works belive me when spooling line do it like casting reel except gp from bottom I learned it on you tube from shawn grisby , Aron marton kevin short and tried last year with awsome results

Any reel does not work. If it does not have an inline bearing on the bail, you will be putting twist in your line with every crank of the handle. It's the inline bearing that keeps the line from twisting.

Thankfully, all my spinning reels have roller bearings.

Posted Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:09 pm

Thank you to everyone for the input. As always you are a very helpful (and funny) lot.

Posted Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:20 pm

stratos1966

semperfi

or if you keep reeling like a mad man while a fish is peeling drag... say you have a 6:1 ratio reel and you turn the handle once while the drag is beeing pulled you just put 6 twists in the line. bill dance tought me that :p

Posted Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:15 pm

bassinbrooksy

stratos1966

semperfi

or if you keep reeling like a mad man while a fish is peeling drag... say you have a 6:1 ratio reel and you turn the handle once while the drag is beeing pulled you just put 6 twists in the line. bill dance tought me that :p

I learned that from Bill Dance also. Along with stop the line before the lure/bait hits the water, and close the bail by hand.

That Bill Dance is a helpful fellow.

- Patrick

Posted Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:20 pm

Bill Dance taught me to check for rod tips before closing the tailgate. To make sure the truck is in park. To attach the trolling motor securely. He's wicked smaht

Posted Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:26 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links