I'm all talk

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:50 pm

bloomagoo

It's quite the bromance, ain't it.

That's an understatement to say the least!

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:35 pm

pocketfisherman

bloomagoo

It's quite the bromance, ain't it.

That's an understatement to say the least!

jealous bastards

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:38 pm

GEEEZZZZZ, and all I asked was for a little line info... Thought this was a fishing forum.

Still Funny though....

Posted Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:21 am

muffinman

Funny thread! As I have been preparing my gear for this season I have noticed last seasons line (Suffix Mono) has some serious checking in it and a bad curl from sitting I would imagine, down inside the spool where I would not have expected it to be... Anyway, What are some of the line preferences ( mono - flouro) brands,What performance do you see that makes you like it.
Just wondering, does anyone else use Suffix brand products and have you noticed the curl? I noticed it starting toward the end of last years season.

That curl is "line memory" all mono and floro products fall victim to it. The further down the spool you go, the worse it gets since that line almost never comes off the spool to be stretched back out. Keep your reels as full as possible so that the line is on the spools in bigger circles instead of compact small ones.. If you want to stretch your line out. tie on a big double willow spinnerbaits, cast out, pull off a bunch more line and troll that sucker around for 5 minutes . Those coils should be stretched out then.
I change out all my mono and floro to start a new season and usually change it out 2-3x during the season. I have used sufix mono. I liked it but went back to my old stand by Berkley trilene xl. I LOVE sufix braid. It's my braid of choice. For floro I use either sunline or seaguar. Don't "cheap out" on your floro

Posted Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:47 am

This thread has got me a little paranoid. To try and save money I filled half the spool on two bait-casters with mono, then tied on the flurocarbon with a blood knot.

I guess I'll see if I have problems and breakage.

And I wholeheartedly agree about Trilene XL. I've tried other recommended brands, such as Suffix Elite and Viscous Ultimate, and even gone a little cheaper with Stren Original, but they are all stiffer and more difficult to handle than Trilene XL. IMHO.

Posted Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:39 am

I use cheap mono backing to save money too. I'm on the stratos line change schedule too. Reel magic helps

Posted Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:54 am

I use cheap mono backing to save money too. I'm on the stratos line change schedule too. Reel magic helps

Posted Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:55 am

i cant tell a difference between sufix mono and trilene. i used both as well. i like how sufix has the line in layers so it comes off evenly when you're spooling up.

don't forget reel magic. that helps with memory.

Posted Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:14 am

I agree with stratos on the trilene XL not the cheapest but not the most expensive either. Getting line twist I found letting the line out without any weight on it works good too.
Reel magic works but over don't it........ here is a good tip don't leave a can of it in your tackle bag over the winter with the cover off everything gets lubed up good

Posted Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:34 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links