Anyone have any recommendations for this lake? I fish here a fair amount and haven't found many reliable spots. The fish seem to be on drop offs mostly. I havent really figured out what works best here. I seem to just pick up fish randomly in spots I dont expect them to be in. Looking to catch SM, LM and definitely NP too.

Any ideas for spots or lures to use? I Dont have any electronics since I fish from a Crawdad.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:50 am

Search webster lake, the easier synonem version Smile

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:48 am

I have gone through about ten pages of google searches and I'm already familiar with the species of fish in the lakes etc. Was hoping to find a little more specific information.

I thought this might be a good place to ask.....

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:50 am

Without eletronics you might want to pick a different lake. Webster is LOADED...... I mean LOADED with humps. I have never seen another lake like it in terms of the number of humps. You can catch fish on the shorelines but a big % of the bass populatioin is off shore there, especially in summer

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:38 am

I have a cheap fishfinder on my cartopper. It cost about a 100 bucks. It's great for finding depth changes.

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:44 am

I'm gonna hit it some more anyways. I just like fishing there. Sometimes I try to keep my eye on the guys in the fancy boats and try their spots when they leave since I figure they are usually sitting in spots for a reason. There a couple decent ledges and one cove that seems to produce too.

It really is just a weird place to fish, super rocky, no weeds and some really weird depth changes.

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:50 am

I only fished there once in the end of the year MAFF tourney. It was so windy I basically had to park behind the island. Needless to say we had no fish. Good luck

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:58 am

fisheur

I'm gonna hit it some more anyways. I just like fishing there. Sometimes I try to keep my eye on the guys in the fancy boats and try their spots when they leave since I figure they are usually sitting in spots for a reason. There a couple decent ledges and one cove that seems to produce too.

It really is just a weird place to fish, super rocky, no weeds and some really weird depth changes.

There is LOTS of weeds there.
I will assume you are launcing at the state ramp in the southern basin. Just blow right through there and go through the neck down into the middle basin. Hook right and fish 25 yards off shore graduually working further and further off shore as you head down the shore till you get to the roundere point with the house on it, There you should be at least 50 yards offshore. You will find coontail that comes and goes with an occasional cabbage patch. It will be in 8-15'. The docks are not that productive. You can fish in the cove after the point. The dock s in ther do hold fish, so does the pad field. Coming back out of tha cove move back to 25yards off shore and you will find cabbage everywhere leading all the way into Indian ranch cove ( the big round cove) There are weeds up and down both sides and a bouplder field all the way in the back right hand corner. Come out of that cove and continue along 25-50 yards off shore and there is more cabbage. There are some nice weedbeds around the big main island in the middle pond ( goat island) and a large hump/flat off the backside toward Indian ranch cove. It comes up and down and up and down all through there. Smallies like it in the deeper water there.

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:14 am

Try over near Point Breeze around the bend. Fish out in front of the house with the Moose on it. Deep channel that runs the length of the cove or over at the Nipmunk Ski Club Jump. We catch our bait in that cove and always something Big chasing them. Good Luck

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:00 pm

stratos1966

fisheur

There is LOTS of weeds there.
I will assume you are launcing at the state ramp in the southern basin. Just blow right through there and go through the neck down into the middle basin. Hook right and fish 25 yards off shore graduually working further and further off shore as you head down the shore till you get to the roundere point with the house on it, There you should be at least 50 yards offshore. You will find coontail that comes and goes with an occasional cabbage patch. It will be in 8-15'. The docks are not that productive. You can fish in the cove after the point. The dock s in ther do hold fish, so does the pad field. Coming back out of tha cove move back to 25yards off shore and you will find cabbage everywhere leading all the way into Indian ranch cove ( the big round cove) There are weeds up and down both sides and a bouplder field all the way in the back right hand corner. Come out of that cove and continue along 25-50 yards off shore and there is more cabbage. There are some nice weedbeds around the big main island in the middle pond ( goat island) and a large hump/flat off the backside toward Indian ranch cove. It comes up and down and up and down all through there. Smallies like it in the deeper water there.

Great info, I havent tried much in most of those areas. Did get a real nice smallie inside Indian Ranch cove. I saw him chasing some stuff basically right in the middle in open water. Dropped a lure on top of his head and he nailed it. Laughing

I'll report back when I'm done and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:21 pm

They also have some of the BIGGEST Crappie around 3+lbs

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:30 pm

muskiebigfish

They also have some of the BIGGEST Crappie around 3+lbs

I know Smile

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:37 pm

wow i guess you do hahahahahaha great slab

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:49 pm

So I went out and followed Stratos line pretty much exactly, heres how I ended up.

Got skunked until I was coming out of the cove with the sailboats. Trolled my RatLTrap out of there towards Indian Ranch cove and got a small pickerel.

Just outside of Indian Ranch cove I got a 5 inch LM on a 4 inch jerkbait.

Trolling in the cove I got another small pickerel. Got a LM trolling just outside of the cove on the RatLTrap on the way out. Best fish of the day he was about a pound.

Dinked around some more with no luck, no bites near Goat Island. On the way in I trolled my RatLTrap some more and managed to hook a sunny in the eye

Itwas fun following the route though and I appreciate the help. I worked a senko, a few different jerkbaits, casted my RatLTrap a ton
and spent a little time with a Rebel Jumpin Minnow. Just no luck...

Still nice to be out!

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:30 pm

Hey, I was talking to you when you and your female friend were launching your boat..I fish from there a lot and 99% of the time can get always get something going. I'll pull my plotter card out and send it to you with waypoints on some good humps/channels to fish deep.

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:44 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links