Are they legal to use as bait?? I have heard many people say they are but they are not on the list for legal baitfish in massachusetts. Pumpkinseeds are which leads me to believe bluegills and kivas are legal. Can someone help me out

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:07 pm

Talk to Muskiebigfish. He will shed some light on the Kivas as bait issue!

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:36 pm

Kivas. Bluegills Pumknseeds Sunnies Mother Nature's miracles. I love them and so don't the fish. Mass wildlife. Shows a picture of the type you CANNOT USE! ! Thy have a small black spot/circle on the Gill plate. They are getting hard to catch. They must know that I need them for the Res. Hahahahah. Great luck with them

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Don't be shy Exclamation Use them Exclamation It is kind of like the lead law, nobody will know and nobody will check Exclamation Laughing

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:41 pm

They do check.. I was at The Res Saturday with AEM and EASTCIDERIDA, They came and checked, had to reel in my Line in to see my weights, lost my best 2 peices of Bait. Wish I would see them in other places were people dont have their license....or when people catch the limit, go home, and come back This is no knock on the DCR or the EP We all run into it

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:47 pm

don51

Don't be shy Exclamation Use them Exclamation It is kind of like the lead law, nobody will know and nobody will check Exclamation Laughing

Why would you suggest to someone to break the law? I hope this is a joke. Its people that say stuff like this that p*ss people off that actually abide by the laws. The laws are put there for a reason.

Posted Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:52 am

Relax, it is a sarcastic comment Exclamation I believe we have already travelled down this road more than once Exclamation Laughing

Posted Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:19 am

sarcasm is tough to pickup up on when it is implied via internet and with some people on here ya never know with a comment like that didnt mean to personally go at you.

Posted Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:31 am

I got checked at Ashland Res and Wachusette res this year they made me pull in my lines and checked my sinkers and bait.

Posted Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:20 pm

kizel13

sarcasm is tough to pickup up on when it is implied via internet and with some people on here ya never know with a comment like that didnt mean to personally go at you.

It's all in fun Exclamation This site is a piece of cake compared to another one I belong to! Laughing

Posted Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:42 pm

I myself mean NO disssrespect to anyone on this WEBSITE.. I love this place and have No problem giving up info on a subject that I and my Guys seem to have a great handle on.. Been using Kivas for a while and doing well with them, I need some for the Turkey Shoot on Thursday and kind find them...RRRRRRRR

Posted Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:52 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links