Do you guys think bringing a kayak on the concord during march when the water is still cold is a good idea? Has anyone done this before and caught good fish (pike specially)? I dont own a wetsuit or anything like that i just really want to get on the river while the pike fishing is at its best.

Posted Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:09 pm

You want premium pike fishing, wait till august and i'll take you to fairhaven bay for some ten-thirteen pounders!

Posted Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:02 pm

As long as you have a partner and a pfd you should do alright.

Posted Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:13 pm

Johnny....on frogs up top? I can't wait for this season.

Posted Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:25 pm

That's my favorite way!

Posted Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:28 pm

Look for the post coming soon from Frogman advising you to dress appropriately Very Happy

The rivers I've seen recently are looking pretty high and swift so I would be wary of currents. If you are an inexperienced kayaker you should go with a buddy, and always dress appropriately. That means a dry top and pants or pair of stocking foot waders with a tightly cinched belt. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Posted Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:57 pm

I've never done well on the Concord from my kayak. There is a lot of water to cover, and a lot of dead area in between spots. If you plan it right, and know exactly where you're going, you can find the best route and probably have a good day. PFD is required this time of year.

Posted Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:12 pm

I drove past the ramp on rte225/4 today and you should be able to launch there, very little ice in the way. The water is really high and flooded back over a lot of brush, tons of water to cover. Good luck!

Posted Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:08 pm

That's what I suspected. Sounds like tough fishing, too many places for the fish to be holed up.

Posted Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Does suck fishng when it's high. Pike?.... Maybe.. Bass, not till may

Posted Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:53 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links