The other night after tough early evening fishing after those nasty t-storms hit a nice 3lber missed and caught several after that next after noon go out with my ma fish finder buddy Muskie,nothing.YE old skunkaroo!My first of the season storms must have spooked the fish alot of running water goes through the Sud must have thrown the fish off.Oh well still good times going out with Muskie.The Skunk was bound to find me eventually but at my own hunting grounds bitter pill to swallow!Not to mention Muskie pitching a 4-0 shut out against me ugh!!!!ha ha

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:04 pm

It takes a big man to admit a skunk. Kudos! No doubt water quality had a lot to do with it. Sometimes you have it, sometimes you don't. I guess Muskie had it that day.

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:18 pm

fished cochituate north pond for 6 hours yesterday (9-3pm) out of my inflatable and caught one 10" largemouth on a senko...i'm considering it a skunking.

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:53 pm

This is considered a cold front Exclamation Laughing

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:08 pm

I know your pain. I fished Chauncy Lake yesterday eventing with aem1031 and we got skunked. I tried Texas rigged senkos, drop shoting, crank baits, poppers, and buzz sits. I didn't even get a nibble.

I found the following article, http://www.bassmaster.com/tips/when-bass-wont-bite.

I ordered some Gulp grubs, and lead free jig heads. I'll give that a try next time.

Posted Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:51 am

I was out Friday night and the only thing they were biting on were those fat 3" Gary Yamamoto Ikas.

Caught two little LMB's, but that's it. Weren't even nibbling anything else.

Posted Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:42 am

Hopefully it will turn around soon. Starting to doubt myself as I have been skunked the last several trips. The bites have been very finicky.

Posted Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:35 am

taez555

I was out Friday night and the only thing they were biting on were those fat 3" Gary Yamamoto Ikas.

Caught two little LMB's, but that's it. Weren't even nibbling anything else.

How were you fishing the Ikas?

Posted Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:24 pm

azmlii

How were you fishing the Ikas?

Texas rigged Weightless on a 3/0 worm hook. (Although I probably should go 4/0 since they're so fat) Just working it like slow like a worm. Cast, let it sink, watch wait and feel for a few seconds, lift and repeat. Sometimes I'll mix it up and jerk it a bit more.

It's a pretty cool lure. It definitely has a very unique feel when fishing them.

A good little write up on them here...
http://www.insideline.net/index.php/feature-soft-plastics/293-overlooking-the-ika

Posted Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:50 pm

I only got out once this weekend, on Friday morning. Fished a lake I never fished before, I knew it was going to be tough. Got 7 bass, nothing over 2. When temperatures go from 100 to 80, that a huge change. It will scatter the fish and give them lockjaw. All but 1 fish I did catch came on topwater in 20 FOW. Kind of weird.

Posted Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:58 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links