So some of the people that were at the kayak tournament i had told when i was unhooking a pickeral that he and shaken and bit my thumb. Well i have been in the hospital for the past 24 hrs with with a 103.6 Degree fever and waiting to get a spinal tap Sad . The doctors beleive its Meningitis but they are blaming it on bacteria that was in the fishes mouth or water. Just giving you guys a heads up if u cut urself and expose it to the water in the charles be careful and get it checked out.

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:47 pm

Wow! Dude that sux!!! Hope you feel better soon!!

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:56 pm

Sorry man, hope you feel better. Thanks for looking out for everyone

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:58 pm

holy s*** man, i hope you get better. thats nuts

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:59 pm

That's terrible. Get well soon.

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:13 pm

Yea def not where i wanted to be the past day haha but it happens i still had a blast at the tourney but sh*t happens its my own fault for being careless

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:14 pm

Nd thank you guys i just miss fishing:(

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:22 pm

YIKES!!!!! Get well!!!

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Hope you get well soon. I was thinking about going to Waltham tomorrow guess I'll rethink it. I'm always cutting myself but with the way the water is everywhere I guess we all should be careful no matter where we're fishing.

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:22 pm

I recommend hydrogen peroxide for wounds. Also seeing as lot of you guys are using it in your live wells for keeping the fish alive...don't forget if you have it on hand and you get bit or cut...putting some H2O2 on your wound might just keep you alive as well.

Get well soon.

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:31 pm

I always get ripped open by pickeral or stuck by a fin of a fish. Hear more about flesh eating than meningitist. Sucky way to end your week off of work.

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:51 pm

When you are done fishing be sure to scrub your hands with sanitizer gel. Especially if you have a lot of punctures from fish spines. This happened to me a couple of years ago and had to take a weeks worth of antibiotics Exclamation

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:12 pm

that's nuts! really sorry to hear that. get better soon and hopefully back on the water.

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:52 pm

Get Well Soon!

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:11 pm

Take care of yourself and get better...sorry to hear that.

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:35 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links