Whats going on guys , Can i launch a 16' jon boat at johns pond trying to find good places to fish for smallies i live in gloucester and trying to find other lakes. I usally go to nh or maine but im looking for more local spots

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:24 am

I just noticed theres a few johns pond Im talking about the one that has smallies I think its close to the cape

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:33 am

Johns pond is in Mashpee ma. Go over either bridge and take 28 to 151 to ashumet rd to hooppole rd. Concrete ramp and parking for about 8 on the right just before hillside ave. Nice smallies and good LM

* Get their early on weekends, the lot fills quickly and definitly check with mass wildlife to see if there is a tourney there the day you want to go.

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:47 am

there are a lot of great southern nh spots that are probably a much shorter drive for you?

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:09 am

Jons pond= 9.4

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:30 am

Hell yea. I knew meatballs would post something about the 9.4 on this post, lol!

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:38 am

It wouldn't be a proper Johns pond post without mentioning 9.4

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:36 am

epic!

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:35 pm

Go to Putnamville Reservoir off Rt. 35 in Danvers. You'll see the parking. No problem with the Jon boat as long as long is you can roll about 50 yards down a dirt path. It's really quick and easy from Gloucester.

There are a ton of smallies in there. To the point that you hardly catch largemouth. I went last Saturday and caught 13 fish. 3 LM, and 10 smallies. Most of them are around a pound, but there are big fish in there, and quite a few of them.

The trick to fishing this lake is finding the underwater humps and submerged islands. If you're fishing right up on the bank, it's pretty tough right now although it works in Spring and late fall. Last weekend they we're all deep out in the middle not relating to structure chasing baitfish. I caught a nice 3 lb. LM in 27' of water drop shotting.

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:40 pm

Go to Putnamville Reservoir off Rt. 35 in Danvers. You'll see the parking. No problem with the Jon boat as long as long is you can roll about 50 yards down a dirt path. It's really quick and easy from Gloucester.

There are a ton of smallies in there. To the point that you hardly catch largemouth. I went last Saturday and caught 13 fish. 3 LM, and 10 smallies. Most of them are around a pound, but there are big fish in there, and quite a few of them.

The trick to fishing this lake is finding the underwater humps and submerged islands. If you're fishing right up on the bank, it's pretty tough right now although it works in Spring and late fall. Last weekend they we're all deep out in the middle not relating to structure chasing baitfish. I caught a nice 3 lb. LM in 27' of water drop shotting.

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:14 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links