ok so i will admit im a huge fan of the show river monsters and jeremy wade is kind of a personal hero of mine but has noone on here but me ever seen fish warrior?!?! jakub vagner is only my age and is everything that jeremy wade wishes he could be, the guy holds multiple igfa world records including arapaima , goonch catfish,piraiba catfish and im pretty sure he set the world record for wels catfish then broke that record twice in the same day lol. at age 31 he already has a far more impressive fishing resume than mr wade , formarly a fishing guide in australia, had multiple tv shows nationally aired in his home country of the czech republic and has had a successful show on national geographic called fish warrior as well as recently signing a big deal with discovery to start filming a new show in the style of river monsters. if you wanna see a guy catch REALLY REALLY BIG monster fish then look up jakub vagner. also another guy to mention if you are into giant wels catfish go on youtube and look up yuri grisendi he is one of the worlds premier wels anglers and regularly catches catfish over 100 lbs on light tackle. in short jeremey wade is great and one of my heros but there are others out there catching way more, and way bigger freshwater monsters than him that dont get the recognition they deserve.

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:56 pm

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:03 pm

But not everyone is cut out to be in front of a camera. I think a lot of guys who host fishing shows are good but certainly not the best. They always rely on local guides to put them on the fish and select the correct baits.

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:21 pm

bloomagoo

But not everyone is cut out to be in front of a camera. I think a lot of guys who host fishing shows are good but certainly not the best. They always rely on local guides to put them on the fish and select the correct baits.

wade to a t lol..no you do have a point but no matter how good someone is if they dont know the area then they need a guide, the guide dosent catch the fish for them though.. i just feel like whenever anyone mentions someone catching big fish they mention jeremey wade and i know this is because he is a house hold name but as anglers, fishermen whatever you want to call us we are all involved in this sport some more involved then others but i feel we all have a duty to atleast read up on the times and learn a bit about our past ,present,and future and give credit where credit is due. other sports ackknowledge the great feats performed by their peers but in the fishing world if you dont have a tv show or havent fished in tournaments you dont exist. this needs to change because tv anglers are just that... tv anglers.. meanwhile the real challenges and awe striking amazement is happening behind the scenes away from the bassmaster classic and river monsters and fishing with bill dance. true history is being made and we as fellow fishermen have a duty to at very least spread the word to anyone that has not yet heard of these amazing feats and world records

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:28 pm

prime example of a REAL hardcore fisherman that deserves some recognition .. yuri grisendi 220 lb wels catfish vs light tackle.
id like to see a tv host fisherman accomplish this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEskmoX-Fag

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:34 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links