Is there any ice on Wachusett anyone know?Do you think ice will be gone by first wknd of April?

Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:43 pm

I plan on taking a ride out that way this upcoming weekend to check it out. Hoping it's good for opening day!

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:14 am

Coves are still iced, it should be fine if the projected temps stay where they are.

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:22 am

Sorry Boy's I just called the Bait shop at the RES. South cove is still socked in and the Causeway has ice also. Not good 55-60 ft of water there RRRRRRR Expect opening weekend to be pushed back 1 week again PLus the water will be a mile high, get your tree stands ready hahahahaha won't be the first time we fished from the tree's

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:11 pm

DCR'S WACHUSETT & SUDBURY RESERVOIRS FISHING SEASON OPENING DELAYED UNTIL APRIL 13TH

Due to ice conditions that persist on the Wachusett and Sudbury Reservoirs, the Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) will delay the opening of the 2013 fishing season until Saturday, April 13, 2013. Fishing is allowed from shore over more than two-thirds of Wachusett Reservoir with access through Gates 6-35 and the Thomas Basin area. Access is allowed from dawn to dusk and the season extends until November 30th.

The fishing season for DCR's West Waushacum Pond and the Quag in Sterling is also delayed until April 13th.

If the reservoirs are still not ice-free by April 9th a further delay may need to occur. Please check the DCR Wachusett Fishing website for further information or call the Wachusett Reservoir Ranger office at (978) 365-3800.

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:47 pm

Great, more time to get ready for the Ass whippin's you guy's are gonna get!!!!

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:26 pm

muskiebigfish

Great, more time to get ready for the Ass whippin's you guy's are gonna get!!!!

Loons don't count!

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:52 pm

Ha ha Aem just changed my vacation to the 3rd week give em a week to get ready for the Badlarry blitzkrieg!

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:09 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links