What impact do you think Hurricane Arthur will have on the fishing this weekend?? The wife has got to work all weekend and I planned on getting in some serious fishing.....

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:38 pm

The only thing thats gonna stop me is lightning and or high winds

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:48 pm

The only thing thats gonna stop me is lightning and or high winds

This.

Fish don't care if it's rainy & wet.

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:58 pm

The south shore is supposed to get 4-6 in. of rain. That will definitely change things for a few days!

Posted Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:35 pm

Can't change the weather but some rain would really help the situation out in a few spots water is low already

Posted Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:15 am

im headed to harwich tonight!!!! tomorrow will be interesting!

Posted Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:28 am

Harwich..... that might be a little interesting. Current weather models have Arthur projected for 80 mile wind and curling out to sea.... hopefully that will reign true and NOT
totally mess up the entire weekend. Good Luck!

Last edited by fdw9652 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:50 am

I was thinking of fishing a tourney on Sunday down towards the Cape. Should be clear by then and hope it doesn't affect the fishing!

Posted Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:56 am

With the low-pressure system rolling in this afternoon and thick cloud cover, I'd say today would be an EXCELLENT day for fishing. Friday seems like a total washout. Saturday might be pretty good. The fish will probably move up towards shore with the rising water levels and be more active with all the renewed oxygen in the water.

Then again I'm not a biologist so.... idk haha

Posted Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:14 pm

the fish weren't shallow where i went and the rain was good early but then it got colder and pushed them to the bottom.

Posted Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:21 pm

We caught a lot of fish and some bigguns. Where Sam said

Posted Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:06 pm

I bought a rain suit and fished all day near my house at island grove in abington. tons of action but only ended up with 3 small bass. It was great having that pond which is usually packed with people all to myself!

Posted Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:01 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links