joep

shawneramone

dangermouse

Now I just need to find the perfect crankbait rod... Very Happy

Dobyns 705cb great for squarebills and mid depth cranks. The Hook up tackle is having a Father's Day 20% off sale right now

Thanks Shawn! How is the weight of that Dobyns rod? I have a Rick Clunn MH power square bill rod that feels and casts great because of the heavy action, but it weighs a ton.

I was using that Rick Clunn rod before the Dobyns. I don't know the exact weight difference but it feels 100 times lighter. It's a high quality rod with a lifetime warranty[/quote]

Are you thinking the 705cb glass or the 705cb? Both from what I hear are excellent rods. I was thinking about the glass myself. I really wish someone would do a thorough review on the new Dobyns fury line of rods. They are in the $100 class of rods which is a different class than the champion line obviously but they appear to be well made. I google search reviews daily but nothing yet for serious reviews. I think tackle tour usually does complete tests and reviews on rods. Hopefully they will do one.
I know the new Fury line has a 705cb in the lineup.[/quote]

I have the graphite rod. It's a really awesome rod. I can crank all day with that thing. I almost pulled the trigger on one of the fury rods. If the hook up had them I definitely would have with 20% off

Posted Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:18 pm

shawneramone

joep

shawneramone

dangermouse

Now I just need to find the perfect crankbait rod... Very Happy

Dobyns 705cb great for squarebills and mid depth cranks. The Hook up tackle is having a Father's Day 20% off sale right now

Thanks Shawn! How is the weight of that Dobyns rod? I have a Rick Clunn MH power square bill rod that feels and casts great because of the heavy action, but it weighs a ton.

I was using that Rick Clunn rod before the Dobyns. I don't know the exact weight difference but it feels 100 times lighter. It's a high quality rod with a lifetime warranty

Are you thinking the 705cb glass or the 705cb? Both from what I hear are excellent rods. I was thinking about the glass myself. I really wish someone would do a thorough review on the new Dobyns fury line of rods. They are in the $100 class of rods which is a different class than the champion line obviously but they appear to be well made. I google search reviews daily but nothing yet for serious reviews. I think tackle tour usually does complete tests and reviews on rods. Hopefully they will do one.
I know the new Fury line has a 705cb in the lineup.[/quote]

I have the graphite rod. It's a really awesome rod. I can crank all day with that thing. I almost pulled the trigger on one of the fury rods. If the hook up had them I definitely would have with 20% off[/quote]

Thanks for info Shawn. It'a great to hear the Dobyns is so much lighter.

I hadn't thought of a Dobyns. I've been thinking about getting a G. Loomis GL2 843 CBR. The Dobyns sounds like a great option. Thanks!

Posted Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:22 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links