Hey all,

I moved to NYC last Dec and havent visited the site in a while. I was really glad to see all sorts of new members when I visited today. Even more great fisherman here is always a plus.

I have been fishing in and around NYC for the last few months. Broke my 5 lb LM record twice already this year, got a 6.5 and a 6 here in NYC and a 5 while in Mass a few weeks ago so its been a great year for me.

I am going to back to Mass again this weekend and going to hit the usual spots with my bro, north of Boston. (got my out of state license already, was only $37, I thought I remember it being a lot more than that in previous years so I was very happy to get it for that price).

Was wondering what the spawn status was for this region of the state? (smallmouth and largemouth) I know that all the fish don't spawn at the same time but just looking for a rough estimate of things.

Thanks for any and all help!

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 11:05 pm

With all this up and down weather, the spawn is messed up. You can have fish all over beds in one pond and drive just down the street to another and see no beds whatsoever or very few. IMO you will see some fish on beds now where ever you go.

Posted Wed May 09, 2012 8:03 am

I'm curious about fishing for LMB in NYC. 6 lbs? Where? I have a buddy I visit in NYC twice a year or so and I'd love to fish with him there.

Posted Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

stratos1966

With all this up and down weather, the spawn is messed up. You can have fish all over beds in one pond and drive just down the street to another and see no beds whatsoever or very few. IMO you will see some fish on beds now where ever you go.

Thanks Stratos! Can't wait to hit up my favorite places.

Posted Wed May 09, 2012 1:48 pm

bcodkind

I'm curious about fishing for LMB in NYC. 6 lbs? Where? I have a buddy I visit in NYC twice a year or so and I'd love to fish with him there.

PM'd you

Posted Wed May 09, 2012 1:49 pm

bcodkind

Also posted some pics a few days ago of some of my nyc bass, including the bigones.

+++++++++

Had a great weekend fishing up here in Mass; hit up my favorite lake with my bro, caught a 2 lb smallie and a 2 lb largie on fri. then went back today and caught a nice 4.5 lb largie while my bro nailed a sweet 6.5er.

Posted Sat May 12, 2012 10:23 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links