This doesn't happen very often so I take advantage whenever I can.

Took a trip to Halfway pond with a little bit of a late start.We left the house about 7:30 a.m.Got the boat in by 8 and started fishing.We had a slow start,except for my 3 pound pickerel.A few bites and nothing,hooked up once and it came off.I finally got a small sally about 10:00 then not much else.We went to the other side of the pond looking for beds and only saw a couple with no results.
After we went around the point I finally hooked into a 2.5 larry.We fished through that cove with a couple more bites but no fish,so we rounded the next point into the next cove.Finally we started catching some fish.It seemed like we got them one after the other in the shallows.Best fish was 4.6,with two 3.5's and multiple 2.5 to 3's to go with them.My boy got the biggest which was the 4.6,great job Seth.

Posted Tue May 14, 2013 2:16 pm

Nice job! Good looking fish. I miss fishing with my Dad (RIP).

Posted Tue May 14, 2013 2:27 pm

2nd that Creaskeeper. Great job with your son!!

Posted Tue May 14, 2013 2:52 pm

nice trip ken. glad you had a great day.

Posted Tue May 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Nice job, Ken. There is nothing better than fishing with your dad. He will remember that and share that time with his son down the road.

Posted Tue May 14, 2013 7:25 pm

Watch out Scotty looks like you might be on the chopping block!
Nice fish!

Posted Tue May 14, 2013 9:13 pm

awsome! i love taking my kids fishing! especially my 2 year old cause hes waaay into it lol. i figure its something they can look back on and possibly share with their own kids when that time comes. great job!

Posted Tue May 14, 2013 10:21 pm

Thanks guys.It is seldom I get to do this because of different schedules.It was awesome to see him catch some great fish.

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 3:47 am

Can't beat that day! Nice bag

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 11:43 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links