Hello,

I'm new to this site and have not seen anything regarding fishing spots in and around Danvers, MA. I do not own any kind of boat or kayak so I am a shore fisherman (if that's what it's called).

Would anybody know of any good spots to fish where I can find largemouth and smallmouth bass and other species of fish?? I just recently got my fishing license, and every year I go to Lake Champlain in Vermont and fish there for a week, I just got home last week. I am 18, just starting to really get into fishing and need some help.

So any good spots to fish from the shore in Danvers and the surrounding area?? Please assist me here.

Thank you.

Posted Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:05 pm

Putnamville rez is in Danvers. I'm pretty sure there is shore access there

Posted Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:27 pm

I'm going to go there later today for a few hours. Hopefully there is shore access. Do you know of any fish in there/have you fished there before?

Posted Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:31 pm

I've never fished there but have discussed it with my buddy who seems to have fished everywhere. Says it's loaded with smallies. He has a boat so I can't say for sure about shore access. This weather is probably the toughest to catch them so if you don't get anything don't get frustrated

Posted Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:01 pm

The entire shore along rt. 35 has shore access.

Posted Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:09 pm

shawneramone

Putnamville rez is in Danvers. I'm pretty sure there is shore access there

Plenty of shore access there, and there's smallies in it too

Posted Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:03 pm

15 minutes from Danvers is The Artichoke Reservoir in Newburyport.

The upper part is some of the best shore fishing I've had in my lifetime. If you can get some cheap waders, even better. There's many access points and it's usually never crowded except by the bridge and dam by the lower. I don't go there much since buying a boat, but I did go there recently and was not disappointed. I can recall only one time of ever being skunked from shore going there and it was late Summer as there was a lot of growth. There are however lots of pickerel, which I can't stand (my pic has a baby that attacked a 3/4 oz. spinner from there). Great place all around.

Posted Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:37 pm

That's great to hear about the Putnamville Res. As for the Artichoke Res, I gotta try that out!!! Wish I had a boat though... Even an inflatable raft would be fine by me Smile. Also, what are waders?? Like those overalls but waterproof with the boots attached? When I get my license back hopefully that will make travel a lot easier as I now am walking or biking with a 6'6" 1 piece rod and a decent size tackle box..

Thanks for the responses!!!

Posted Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:10 am

Does anyone know anything about Middleton Pond, Mill Pond, or Pope's Landing?? Any good fish in there available from shoreline??

Posted Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:37 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links