Hi, I live in Lynn and have just started to enjoy fishing. Anyone know of any good spots to fish in my area? Right now will fish for anything, except sunfish. Thanks!

Posted Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:05 pm

One of the best things you can do when looking for new fishing spots is to hit the interactive map on this website, just click on the Map View tab and will be able to view a "google-map-like" view of any area and you can see peoples past trips on the map too.

Also, just a map itself, whether its the map from map view here at the website, google maps, or a regular ol' paper map you can scout waters and go exploring. It's pretty fun to find some unknown waters in your area, and then go catch some goodness there.

And since you are from Lynn there are some lakes around you right in town that I am sure you have driven by. I personally don't have too much experience fishing Lynn but I have heard mixed things about it. some say there is some great fishing others say not so much or its too crowded.

How far do you want to travel? There is some great spots just outside of Lynn that you can check out. Wakefield and Peabody have some great places to fish for sure. If you waant to travel a little further to places like Concord, Woburn, or Lowell you can really get into some more great places too.

Posted Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:14 pm

Thanks for the advice about the maps. Where in Peabody and Wakefield? I am willing to drive a bit to find some good fishing. Recently fished the Artichoke Reservoir in Newburyport. Only had luck when some kids let me have some of their shiners

Posted Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:16 pm

try Merrimack river just north of you, seems to be great for the smallies.

Posted Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:28 pm

You're from Lynn? I went to that pond that they found that body in a bunch of weeks back. Caught some decent fish and plenty of them. Largemouth bass and chain pickerel.

Posted Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:26 pm

I had decent luck there over the last couple of weeks. Pulled up pickerel, 3 good size largemouths, a smallmouth, and 6 catfish using the drop shot method and either Yum dingers or bread coated with strawberry jello.

Posted Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:23 pm

try Pillings Pond in Lynnfield.

Posted Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:33 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links