i wanted to try fishing in long pond and havent registered my crawdad yet. i was looking to get out there today for a little to see whats biting, but it looks like from the map there is no where to park and fish from the shore? it looks like its all residential roads.

is there any place i can park and fish long pond without disturbing anyone?

thanks,

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:05 am

Which long pond are you referring to?

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:24 am

Long pond in lakeville, ma. If there are several sections to it, I am new so I dont know if there are. But I am gonna say its the main section? Sorry if that dont clear it up but I am not that familiar with long pond.

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:33 am

lakeville has a state ramp. You can park there and fish there. You are looking at about 50-75' of shoreline. Other then that I know of no other shoreline access.

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:05 am

Ok. That makes sense. I drove by that state ramp and it says no fishing near the ramp?

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:31 am

Guess that answers your question Exclamation Laughing

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:08 pm

you can park off the road between assawomsett and long pong at the old tamarack where the river connects the 2 ponds. Fish the river and swamp area, the herring are in there spawning right now and some big fish are always in there. Then just follow the river into Long Pond. Its a shallow winding river, but no problem for a car topper. I can get through in my bass boat. Fish slow in the river there are good fish all along the entire length!

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:40 pm

rad64

you can park off the road between assawomsett and long pong at the old tamarack where the river connects the 2 ponds. Fish the river and swamp area, the herring are in there spawning right now and some big fish are always in there. Then just follow the river into Long Pond. Its a shallow winding river, but no problem for a car topper. I can get through in my bass boat. Fish slow in the river there are good fish all along the entire length!

Was at that exact spot watching the herring on my break the other day, big schools, fun to watch. Lot of huge 20+ longnose suckers on the bottom too.

Assawompsett is supposed to be limited to residents only Sad Also, didn't know that rive lead back to Long Pond.

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:02 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links