My folks own a summer place in falmouth and I'm always looking for good spots to catch a few early mornings while visiting. Anyone have and spots worth fishing. I primarily fish from shore while there but they do have a kayak that I have access if the need arises.

Posted Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:29 am

Check out the MA Wildlife website. Plenty of places to fish in that area, the kayak is a plus Exclamation

Posted Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:26 pm

Try Ashumet Pond by the boat ramp off Sandwich road. Fished from shore there in the cove on the left of the beach last yr and caught two 3lb Smallies. Handy if you have waders.

Also - if you have a 4X4 type vehicle, turn off Sandwich Rd onto Hatchville Rd. I think maybe 1.5 miles down on the right is a entrance to a dirt road that leads eventually to Coonameeestt Pond. You can fish from shore or launch a Kayak real easy too. You can grab LMBs right in that launch cover, or walk around to the left and there's a couple of more spots to cast from shore.

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Another pond in the Falmouth area is Johns Pond. The kayak would be a real plus- just stay 50 yds off shore and go around the shoreline- the best right now would be at the ramp area- then go south- watch the wind- can get nasty out in the middle. Mashpee is not that far away, but it is big. If you use the kayak, go to Santuit pond. Fish the wood along the banks- senkos, small crankbaits, or spinnerbait.

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:42 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links