Looking for a couple of good fishing spots around the Norton area and if it helps I do have a 15ft canoe
thanks

Posted Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:18 pm

the norton res is a very weedy and shallow body of water. it holds some good-sized largemouth bass and pickerel

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:52 am

Papabear
I've not fished there, but would like to dunk my Yak and try it. However, I have heard some comments about parking not being any to safe to leave your car. Any truth to that ... ?
Q.

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:30 pm

i grew up in norton, so i know that it's a safe quiet town... however, i did have my car stolen from my own driveway when i was living there...

i would say it's highly unlikely anything will happen to your car but i would recommend locking your doors and hiding valuables to be safe (i should note that i am the cautious type). i know people park near tsang's restaurant on rt140 and my buddy and i have parked on juniper rd, which is off of reservoir st, for ice fishing (nothing happened to his truck).

i've fished the norton res with my friend twice this year: once ice fishing and once fishing from a canoe. on our two trips we caught 1 decent yellow perch, 2 big largemouths and lots of pickerel 8-21in.

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Thanks Papabear ...
Hey, I like pickerel (I am in the minority!) ... though I prefer the big bruisers.
Always looking for that water where the Pick's run large ...

I do tuck and lock always ... and, may try the Juniper rd. area.
Thanks again ...

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:45 pm

i'm with you. i like anything that puts up a good fight, and pickerel are more than capable of that. enjoy!

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:20 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links